1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

I thought that was explained pretty clearly via the hound throwing rocks. They were waiting for the broken ice to freeze together again so they could attack without falling back into the water.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Anyone have any thoughts?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No one knows unfortunately, barely anything is known about them.

They aren't as simple as they seem, they have their own language and clearly are sentient. It is assumed that human babies are sacrificed to make more, other than that everything we know about them is a guess or a rumor.

I know what you are talking about, they look the same. That guy with the long white hair has been killed like 3 times now...twice by jon and once by Meera Reed IIRC.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Film is full of unions that would likely throw a tricky wrench into the equation here. I think that's why Entourage didn't do a movie until it was the final tv version was finished. I believe that contracts changing from tv to film then back to tv could cost more than you think. Unions have all kinds of rules in place and you don't want to mess with those rules or those unions will come after you. I somehow doubt these issues you nitpickers are seeing have nothing to do with money and more with not having the book structuring the show now. I think it's better to withhold judgement about all this when the season is over because each scene in this story probably adds to something later on. If it doesn't, maybe then gripe about it, but for now all this bickering has nothing to do with enjoying a show. Complain about the sisters fighting? Why, you have no clue as to what it will mean later. All this time travel b.s. just doesn't matter to me. How does the story get any more exciting because they explain how long it took to travel from stormborn to the wall? For me it does almost nothing to the excitement of the story. Sure, it makes it more 'believable' but do dragons make it less believable? It's a story. Who cares if it's true? The metaphors within this piece are the only truths to any of it, yet no one seems to discuss the undertones of this whole thing. Logistics for travel are not story worthy.

I started to laugh about the wights pulling the dragon out of the water with chains. I was like 'when did they learn to blacksmith and mine for iron ore?' Then I was like, 'who cares it's a friggin' story not a history book'.

Point is, we aren't the accountants and lawyers for this show. We're not the producers who have to worry about the business of entertainment. We're fans that let them handle all the boring stuff. Why not just be a fan? Do you constantly think about how the NBA could make more money during the playoffs or do you just cross your fingers and hope we win?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have long wondered, when they shatter like ice, if that's not a true "death" for them but more like an escape of some kind.
    I have no clue. But you're right about the # they've lost and that there never seemed to be many of them in the first place.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Chains are made of magic black ice. This show is like Frozen but for sophisticated logic junkies who sometimes feel superior by being a "Reader".

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Elsa is a tad easier on the eyes than Nighty.

9. theimpossibles1

I think it'd be funny if Baelish somehow schemed his way into the throne.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

Right. I just have a hard time believing that the white walkers can take down dragons but can't kill a handful of men standing on an island of ice surrounded by their army.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd respect that. He came from nothing. Not born from nobility, he's worked himself up. He didn't feel entitled to the throne because of blood rights.

Team Littlefinger.

iconoclastic likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've said that almost identical thing in a past GOT thread.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It will be trouble enough just preventing the wight Dragon from doing a mid-air bull rush on Drogon with Dany sitting atop. Those teeth can kill another dragon and knock Dany off.

Also, I'd have no problem with dead dragons still being impervious to fire. Why not? I wouldn't be a fan of them still being able to spit fire though.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Great ORIGINAL TAKE @Duncan McDonuts. Don't STEAL his THUNDER @peleincubus

peleincubus likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Supposedly the Fingers where he is some sort of Lord is where the Andals first landed. Maybe that comes into play somewhere.

Got to think that Littlefinger who started this whole war and has been described as the most dangerous and intelligent man in Westeros still has a major role to play.

16. heypartner

I've already said this once. This makes no sense. You'd complain either way

• If they throw the spears and hit the men, ppl will whine about why they didn't move out of the way. Same complaint as Rickon not avoiding the arrow
    • If they do move out of the way, you'd say why did the NK waste his magic spears on men who just step out of the way like Rickon should have
    And don't say he throws it too fast to avoid. You'd just be rationalizing to suit your take, and calling ppl out when they rationalize

This is really boring stuff to talk about. I guess some groups of ppl like to pick apart movies...even if the critique is very weak...as long as its contrarian and is spoken in a logical tone, you can convince yourself it makes sense

It doesn't.

GRENDEL, Downtown Sniper and jae713 like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Night King was just playing with his food.

This is pretty consistent with how he's been throughout, he doesn't do the killing himself, he sends his minions to do it. He had them trapped, otherwise, he may not even think Jon Snow worthy of it, just some more dudes to kill.

The only one he seemed ready to kill himself was Bran for obvious reasons. To him, Jon Snow could just be some guy who keeps avoiding him and nothing more.

18. heypartner

Let's see....I first posted like five things that had nothing to do with attacking or defending the show. But you book Huggers dominate the thread so much, so I respond,

I didn't post those Bird flight stats to defend the show. I just wanted to know how fast birds can do a flight that far. I actually thought I hurt the show by saying how far it is. I was just giving fwiw stats.

But whatever. I guess you to build up some kind of rival to enjoy your critique of logic.

I don't think I've argued with you since the first show.

#1438 heypartner, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    fba34 likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved the introduction to last seasons ending. My fear is this will just be a giant cliffhanger and no arcs get resolved.