1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Call them heypartners
    They've also been kind of inconsistent with that. He's totally debilitated when the plot needs that and when it doesn't he's just mildly annoyed by fire.
    He's awful now. A shell of the character he used to be. Every episode is "I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEVE IN YOU!" Thank god we have Tormund and The Hound for wit, Tyrion has failed us.
    LOL, it was funny.
    Right? I'm not miserable either. I've adjusted my expectations. It's no longer a brilliant piece of storytelling combined with stunning visuals and great acting. It's just stunning visuals and great acting. The storytelling is basically gone, the show is just built around moments they want to make look cool and they'll just back the story into it somehow.

donkeypunch, Anticope and fba34 like this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I am sure it has been discussed in nauseam.

Tyrion ends up in Iron throne theory seems realistic at this stand point.

Being a dwarf/b*stard. It would not surprise me in the least bit if Jon and Dany fall in battle and Tyrion is the last remaining Lannister who inherits the Iron throne.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing against Tyrion, he has been solidly acted but that would be a borderline turrible end.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

True, but (lucky for the Lannisters) now the attention will shift towards the WW army and how to stop them... which would put even more concern on how and when Dany decides to utilize her dragons.

If the WW manage to take down another dragon now all the Lannisters have to worry about is one... which compared to three is still difficult but a lot more manageable when they're actually expecting an attack and not caught off guard marching towards King's Landing. But again, that won't be the main concern for them this upcoming season since the WW are coming.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

To each his own. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure because they have no more source material, or at least they just have a plot outline now instead of a bunch of long novels that spend pages describing various soups of the seven kingdoms.

So instead it's just "follow the outline and wrap up several years worth of plot in 14 hours and make it look awesome"

BigM, GRENDEL and justtxyank like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Inheriting a throne is the most tedious way to end it however if Tyrion can come up with a scheme to kill the Night King or whoever is in power then the throne would be earned at the very least.

8. cebu

cebu Member

probably shaved ice.

kaleidosky and FLASH21 like this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I would think ice based on my recollection of my Jr. High D&D nerd days.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think he'll breathe out fire or ice. I think he'll just serve to fly the Night King over the wall.

Really I'm unfortunately down on the show right now. I'm hopeful that the season finale will make up for the last 2 episodes, because damn it needs to.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

One ten hour movie is your solution? Or 5 two hour movies?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think the series is suffering from being "off the books" and trying to finish off the plot within the allotted # of episodes.

The earlier "on book" seasons had a much more deliberate pace, often waiting for quite a while before re-visiting a character's storyline-- and this is how the books' chapters were structured. This gives the impression of having some time expiring between our visits with this character. The recent episodes, with many characters having met up and their stories came together, a lot of the wait/travel time got cut out so it messes with our sense of time and it feels like ravens, Euron's fleet (where is Euron anyway?), Varys, Jon Snow are moving super-fast around the land. Just feels like the show is trying to get us up to an end game.

Then again, maybe this is an issue with GRRM's book structure. IRRC, he keeps increasing the # of books he think would be needed to tell the whole story. The disparate story threads, POV characters, and pacing of the books was bogging down even the book-writing and it's taking so long for him to finish each book. As much as we enjoy how the stories are told, it's hard to keep things at this pace.

BigM likes this.
  13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I need some help figuring something out...

Jon killed a whitewalker at Hardhome. Sam killed one. One died at the tree battle. Jon killed another north of the wall. But the Night King still appears to be traveling with the same guys on horseback as he did before -- I could have sworn several of those other commanders were one of the whitewalkers killed above.

Does anyone have an explanation why the Night King isn't down to 1-2 generals? Were they not the same ones? Are there multiples of those commanders?

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not here to COMPLAIN like y'all. But according to the logic of the season, it's impossible that Dany/Jon traveled home by boat and didn't immediately get destroyed by Euron & Co.

BigM, justtxyank and MystikArkitect like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

FIFY. I assume that was tongue in cheek? If you were serious, I can do a better job of Fixing It For You.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Somebody posted the character dialogue for the Night King. It explains a few things.

fba34, Space Ghost and Haymitch like this.
  17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm not allowing myself to get agitated about the ridiculous traveling times between spots. I even saw on next week's preview that Dany has her armies all at King's Landing for their big meeting and all this is gonna go down before the WW's get to a point that took a guy a few hours to run?

Again, I realize HBO is trying to wrap it up so I am just putting that stuff out of my head as we clearly needed three full seasons of episodes to get this done in a realistic way consistent with the rest of the series.

Perhaps one of GRRM's issues with finishing the books is logistically making things work as it has to be a real issue getting around the months it takes to get from point A to point B.

I liked the episode and was on the edge of my couch during the Avengers scenes. Agree that Arya/Sansa storyline is not too exciting.

I just hate that HBO did two shortened seasons when stretching this out more/developing storylines further would have made it better.

But since we only have a handful of episodes and that is reality, just gonna enjoy the action as there is still a lot to cover and 7 episodes left to cram it all in.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... a single movie to supplement their budget/profits... so that they can devote more resources to the multi-season episodes that have been intentionally condensed due to escalating costs.

Again, HBO likely gets no more subscribers than they have right now by continuing to produce GOT... which means, its reached its max earning capacity for the network.

They'll certainly lose some subscribers when the show is done... but that will be largely off-set with not having to pay for the show anymore (and with HBO, they're always just a few years away from having another landmark series).

And I'm sure they ultimately ran the numbers and discovered the cost of producing a singular movie, despite expected gross revenue, would not likely be worth it... in addition to needing more commitments from all the show's principals.

#1419 Nick, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I noticed another forum basically has a separate "rant" thread for people who want to critique the show without bogging down into arguments with people who want to defend it.