1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man I would be super surprised if that happened. Tyrion has been solid the whole way through.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That will not happen. They will not make him out to be an overall evil character.

mikol13 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Will Jorah finally get it on with Daenarys?

Let the show not end with this man friend-zoned in eternity.

He has suffered enough.

BigM and Sajan like this.
  4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think Tyrion is going to be executed for betraying Dany. That scene of him in the hallway at the end of last season wasn’t put in for no reason. Also the look he gives earlier when she breaks it off with Daario, and Tyrion says “He wasn’t the first to love you, and he won’t be the last.” He’s in love with her, and I think his jealousy causes him to do something stupid.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Listening at the door is creepy. However, if the dragons trust him he's probably not going to back stab her. That said, if he was listening and trying to gain information, you have to ask what would he do with it?

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m going to call no way on Tyrion going heel.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Tyrion is my wild card pick as ruler of the realms when it’s all said and done.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The fact I threw out the Tyrion going rogue thing in jest and having so many people that are 100% sure he wont, makes me want it to happen even more. This show has never gone as expected. 8 seasons in and some still dont think crazier things can happen.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You can expect that unexpected things will happen without believing literally everything that’s unexpected will happen.

Turning Tyrion into a completely different character 8 seasons in, seems more silly than unexpected. But sure it’s not entirely impossible if that’s your point.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

This season is the battle for the pinnacle of power. One throne to rule them all. I wouldnt and dont rule any kind of scenario out of this show. Even changing a characters past loyalty and kindness to have even a moment of thought of what it would be like to sit over top everyone. Especially being a peon his whole life. Its definitely in my realm of possibilities.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

“Game of Thrones” S8 Runtimes Revealed

HBO has officially revealed the runtimes of all six episodes of the eighth and final season of their fantasy drama series “Game of Thrones”.

Rumors were all six episodes would be feature length have proven to be not true – instead only the final three will fit that description.

Though some also speculated it would happen at an earlier point in the season, it now looks like the much talked about ‘Battle of Winterfell’ will likely be the show’s fifth episode. Here are the runtimes:

Episode 8×01: 54 minutes – April 14th
    Episode 8×02: 58 minutes – April 21st
    Episode 8×03: 60 minutes – April 28th
    Episode 8×04: 78 minutes – May 5th
    Episode 8×05: 80 minutes – May 12th
    Episode 8×06: 80 minutes – May 19th

Source: HBO (via Winter Is Coming)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/game-of...LuQoKcDQ8n_6RO2MqNkqYJ9w4sN_P_kdDv-YF229YZldY

mikol13 and K mf G like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

that zombie army sure is slow. And if the battle is in episode 5, you can work from the trailer and see who survives to at least that episode, LOL.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So they crammed two extra 50 min episodes, neeto.

I wonder how this affects the actors and film crew salaries. Overtime?

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Damn, this is nuts.....

“Thrones” Star On Her Near Death Health Scares

The Khaleesi herself, actress Emilia Clarke, has penned an essay for The New Yorker detailing how she almost died twice due to a health crisis she never expected whilst filming the early seasons of HBO’s “Game of Thrones”.

A then 24-year-old Clarke, to relieve stress, would work out and one morning in a gym she became “violently, voluminously ill” whilst “shooting, stabbing, constricting pain” was mounting. Paramedics soon arrived and rushed her to hospital where it was revealed she suffered a type of aneurysm – a subarachnoid hemorrhage – and she was a lucky one with one-third of those who get it die immediately or soon thereafter.

She underwent three-hour emergency surgery and then experienced aphasia, speaking only in gibberish, which passed. For a few years, no major health issues arose beyond some fatigue until 2013 when filming on the third season ended and doctors found a mass in her brain that required surgery.

The surgery for that failed with her waking up and screaming in pain and near death so they had to go in again, this time operating through her skull. Recovery took some time but in the years she says she has “healed beyond my most unreasonable hopes. I am now at a hundred percent”.

Clarke has also started a new charity, called SameYou, which she is now promoting to shed light on the medical issues that plagued her and others like her.

Clarke will be seen in the final season of “Game of Thrones” when it returns April 14th.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/thrones-star-on-her-near-death-health-scares/

mikol13 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

3 sundays left....

K mf G likes this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's only 6 episodes though. So they didn't really cram anything, they just cut it differently.
    There's 22 minutes less than season 7.
    There's 75 less minutes than season 6.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ffs: I had no idea there was a Battle of Winterfell.

Thx for the spoiler HBO. And to think I just had a prediction conversation with friends about where the battles would be..

grrr

Guess I should also just stay out of this thread from now on.

#118 heypartner, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  19. Buck Turgidson

Neither did I until I read your post.

#119 Buck Turgidson, Mar 25, 2019
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It’s in Grendel’s March 11th post above. Already been spoiled.

#120 heypartner, Mar 25, 2019