1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I wonder if this was footage for the sole purpose of a teaser or if it's actually from the last season. Everything seemed pretty contrived.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that was strictly for the teaser.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah, that look like a straight up teaser, just like the one they released earlier with the map....

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

It seems kind of weird to me that they're showing Arya and Jon together in the teaser when those two haven't even been reunited on the show yet. Also, does poor Robb not get a statue in the crypts?

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I feel like Bran is a more conspicuous absence. It’s possible that the trailer is his vision. Also it’s odd that Jon’s statue appears older than the other two. When I first watched it I thought that it was maybe a different group of older Stark’s but the resemblances are way too close. I guess it’s possible that Arya and Sansa will die this season but Jon will survive, explaining why his statue appears older.

freemaniam likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing they haven't had a whole ton of free time to comission one. I imagine it wasn't too high on the list of priorities when the Boltons were running the place.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

Right but they did have one of Catelyn who also died at the Red Wedding.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think Jon survives and at some point he'll fall

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Real trailer is out.....

mikol13, Harrisment and jev5555 like this.
  10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those 2 about to mount up!

Harrisment likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Even not being a super amazing "real" trailer...
    Super psyched for this.

It's partly to do with the MASSIVE shift if television entertainment since this show started.

This is the LAST remnant of the long era where EVERYONE around the country, and sometimes world, were "watching together", so to speak.

Now, in the mountains of volume of content, which HBO I think will start to do themselves as well with the ATT/TimeWarner merger, everyone just watches on their own what they like, when they like.

Don't get me wrong... its WAY WAY WAY better now... but just think about shows out now. You're not super pumped about anything new now. Even if its a Season 2 or 3 of a show you thought was "the best" in Season 1... you don't have to get pumped because you know there are 50 other shows on your list, and you'll get to the new season when you get to it.

If you're invested in GOT, you're not waiting on the full season to come out...

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What is hype may never die

K mf G likes this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that those three starks are actually dead and their faces were taken?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think they're just whetting our appetites. "The Dark Knight" trailers didn't give away everything, either. I appreciate a more-is-less thingy.

As far as getting super-psyched for something, maybe in my middle age I've learned patience. It'll get here when it gets here.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've decided to rewatch the series, or at least start... because i can watch/listen to stuff while i work at times... I don't think I've ever done that. Don't get me wrong, I've probably watched Apocalypto 6 or 7 times late night cause that thing is ALWAYS on... but I never re-watch shows like this.

As someone who hasn't read the books and isn't all into it, it's interesting the different things I'm picking up on, now knowing who everyone is and their motivations and whatnot.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I re-did 1-5 before Season 6. I think it helps.

while you are at it, could you save all the t*** scenes and make a compilation for us. Should make a good full-length movie.

#96 heypartner, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    BigM likes this.
  17. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Yes, maybe even likely. Jon and Dany win the throne defeating Cersei and the Night King—a happily ever after ending. Until just before closing credits on the last episode, Bran, Arya, and Sansa rip off their faces to reveal..dun dun dun...they were Joffrey, Ramsey, and Hot Pie the whole damn time. They also rip the face off Ghost, Jon’s loyal direwolf, to reveal he was really Ramsey’s wild pack of dogs. The dogs eat Jon and Dany alive, leaving the throne to Joffrey, Ramsey, and Hot Pie, who take turns ruling while rotating vacationing in a timeshare on the Summer Isle. You heard it here first.

#97 DoitDickau, Mar 9, 2019
    R0ckets03 likes this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just had a conversation with my mom and she seems to think that Cersei will give birth to a dwarf child. Just found that interesting and wanted to drop it.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

"When in 276 AC, after three miscarriages, two stillbirths, and three deaths in the cradle, Prince Viserys was born,"

Think about that for a bit.

If Cersei gives birth to a dwarf child, which puts a lot together, wouldn't that mean that Cersei got it on with a Targaryen ( because Tyrion is part Targaryen). That might mean she slept with Rhaegar ( the good looking dragon dude whose father denied a Cersei marriage) a long time ago and gave birth to several children in secret, quite possibly Dany, Visery and Tyrion. Rhaegar's wife had birthing issues. Seems unlikely she gave birth to any dragons. Rhaegar then got it on with his true love Lyanna, birthing Jon. And starting the War.

Now, if Rhaegar is the Night King, you must remember how he was killed. By a Warhammer at Trident by Robert. The same weapon the b*stard son of Robert weilds. And suddenly, he reappears.

Also, It was because Robert killed Cersei's first love Rhaegar, that she had to marry Robert, but of course she banged her brother instead.

#99 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 9, 2019
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont see that happening, but I did find it weird that Tyrion was hanging outside the door while Jon and Kahleesi were porking. Maybe Tyrion is the one to kill Jon in a later episode.