1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It would have been better if Jon was the one to decide that he was going to the wall to avoid another war between the North and the unsullied. It would have been more believable. Two more episodes where they

• capture Jon,
    • The westeros people want Jon as king since he has a better claim to the throne and he's a hero, so there is risk of another war
    • Jon being his noble self volunteers to go wall, and Tyrion convinces the Unsullied and Dothraki to go away.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think you actually get what people are disappointed in.

Very few people are disappointed in the "themes" of the ending, rather clumsy, rushed, illogical poorly written manner in which they got there.

They also didn't go to democracy, this was more of a Magna Carta moment. There is still a monarchy. Bran is King. Its just that instead of being born king from now on the lords would hold a Kingsmoot basically to pick a king.

Guess who already did that in the show's cannon?

The Real Shady likes this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Probably already been stated but I missed it somewhere in this thread. I didn't realize HBO wanted GoT to go 10 seasons, but the writers wanted to finish it up this season because they were done with it. HBO was also interested in turning some of the story into a summer blockbuster movie. If they were truly done with the series they should have transitioned the rest of the story to other writers and remained creative consultants if they still wanted to have some part in it.

Sajan, donkeypunch and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

Damn they wanted to finish it in 7 seasons lol. Terrible.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Exactly what I said 2-3 pages ago.

Benioff and Weiss wanted either to have a longer vacation or doing something else creatively.

The Real Shady and justtxyank like this.
  6. justtxyank

"If I can't have her, no one can."

That was their mentality. They wanted to go do Star Wars but they didn't want someone else to get to end their show. They killed their beautiful wife to go bang a supermodel instead of letting the wife be happy with someone else.

mikol13, Sajan, Entropy and 3 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, it is one of the times that the network/studio is catering to them, rather the other way round.

Dayum, IMHO Starwars is not something easy to make.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And how well did that turn out?

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOLOLOL. They deserve all the hate that came and is coming their way. They ruined what was an all time great show.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, who owns the TV rights to the show?

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Prolly Mickey Mouse. He owns everything else.

Sajan likes this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The dark atmosphere they built when Danny was talking to the unsullied and dothraki while drogon flies around and looks badass was one of my favorite scenes of the series. kind of wish she just kept going around the world "liberating people"

BigM, justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get why the showrunners are so important. I mean.. they did a great job for a long time. But if they wanted to leave, why not just let them leave and replace them to keep the thing going at a consistent pace?

Not here to hate on the ending. I'm at peace with everything. But if everyone wanted it to keep going... just keep it going, right?

dmoneybangbang and BigM like this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Curious how the contracts were done, and if Benioff and Weiss had creative control to end whenever. I imagine it would be difficult to push them out however since they did a great job adapting Martin's work for the earlier seasons. It would have been a great move for HBO after season 7 to re-evaluate and say we're milking this series out a little longer and we can get some new writers to take it there if they were ready to leave.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I expect there to be a remake in 20 years.

BigM, Clutch and LFE171 like this.
  16. justtxyank

I'm pretty sure they had "creative control" or whatever you want to call it.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You gotta learn to crawl before you learn to walk. Nothing creative with Seasons 6 & 7. There is no source material for their Star Wars nonsense.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

HBO chose bran in order to be dicks and not let anyone predict something. lol they equate good writing with shocking people, which is not a good approach.

Also Bran isn't even Bran. I mean why would anyone make the quiet weirdo the king. A strong war hero is just what a broken country needs to rally around.

They should have also given greyworm a more emotional scene in all this.. other than pissed.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And to give more purpose to Bran, who was really not that interesting this season or had much screen time.

They made him a robot without emotions or anything.

Who said the Raven can't crack a joke or two.