1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 3 = Trap Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

Rockets have looked completely locked in the first 2 games. Game 3 will show how truly locked in we are but man this is best we have looked during the James Harden era of rockets basketball

chadyang, hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I seriously thought the Jazz would have given us a better fight. The end score is deceiving. Today was hardly competitive.

Game 3. Take their best punch, fight back, beat them at their place.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

watching snyder's postgame presser, even he doesn't believe it's a trap game for us lol

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We gonna win game 3

coyotetex likes this.
  5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

No j*zz, no problem.

chadyang likes this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Jazz were really sloppy with the ball early on and missed a lot of open looks. So I expect a much closer Game 3. But if the Rockets stay locked in on defense the way they've been so far this series, they have a great shot at winning on Saturday.

Hakeemtheking, BaselineFade and Amiga like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

@DreamShook plz

DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I expect a major defensive adjustment from the Jazz in game 3. If I was them, I’d start Royce O’neale and have him defend Harden straight up. Rubio and Mitchell can defend Paul and Gordon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

last year they blew right threw the pressure of Home Court Home Team. We shall see if this year is any different.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

It's hard to believe they'll continue to miss as much as they did in Game 2, but we have to focus on the defensive pressure and protecting the ball. We gave up too many open 3s and had too many turnovers. Control those and I think we come out with the W.

JVL713 likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Jazz are only in it, if the refs get paid handsomely by the NBA. Hungry Rockets against a puzzled Jazz team, we may give them a game, but come on NEXT. Game 3 ain't a trap game, it maybe a game where we may get distorted by outside forces. In the end, I see another wipeout for Gm 3. Color me RED!

12. Mr Chuck Norris

No you’re not. This will be a sweep

13. count_dough-ku

O'Neale has played really well for them this series. He's doing what Burks did last year. But Ingles has been a non-factor and Mitchell has played poorly. If the Rockets keep those two in check, Utah has no chance.

chadyang, Hakeemtheking and Smacktle like this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Rockets have never been up 2-0 before. This is a bold face lie.

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Carl Herrera and the "doom and gloom" brigade are alive and well on CFs. So called fan can't even relish a blow out victory at home. Was the game even over when he posted this?!

Ignore or not to ignore. That is the question.

hakeem94 and FLASH21 like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The only way to contain Harden is to put a strong, physical defender on him. It’s obvious that O’neale is their best defensive matchup against him, so it would make little sense to me to keep him coming off the bench. Of course, it means benching one of their current starters. Probably should be Favors, though I think he’s also generally played well this series.

count_dough-ku likes this.
  17. count_dough-ku

Favors has had a very good series too. But he seems to excel when Gobert isn't in there. So if they bench Favors and only play him when Gobert sits, that could help the Jazz. The problem with starting O'Neale is that it weakens their bench.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they'll play much better in game 3. silver will probably up his game as well. but i expect CP3 to have one of his best performances of the season.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They should probably bench Rubio over Favors.

He has no idea how to properly defend Harden and brings zero outside shooting, where O'Neale would definitely give them a boost in.

Plus the Jazz are much better when Mitchell is the primary ballhandler and is making plays for himself as well as others. Rubio on the court relegates him to a spot up shooter or last second shot clock beater.

durvasa likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Trap games are sneaky...this isn't sneaky. The Rockets know Utah is a tough place to play. This is a veteran team. If they get beat in Salt Lake City, it won't be because they were overlooking a playoff opponent on the road.