1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gallinari Seriously injured!? Could Rockets take advantage?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

2. clippy

clippy Member

Denver is never an easy out because of the way they play at home. That said (and I have no numbers for this), I suspect their HCA is slightly exaggerated in the regular season because during a series-- particularly the long, drawn out first round-- teams have time to adjust to the altitude.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Initial exam suggests likely torn ACL for Denver's Danilo Gallinari, source tells Y! "Ligament was loose," source says. MRI Friday.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/320019791446417408">April 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A source told me that Gallo "heard a pop" in his knee. That's not good.</p>&mdash; Benjamin Hochman (@nuggetsnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/320025105633771520">April 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And the source told me Gallo thinks it's a torn ACL. The MRI is tomorrow morning.</p>&mdash; Benjamin Hochman (@nuggetsnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/320025852375072768">April 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

#3 redhotrox, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Nope.

George Karl >>>>>>>>>>>>> McFail

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They still have Wilson Chandler who is a very good player still. Could be a starting SF on like half the teams in the NBA.

6. TheRealAllpro

If your top two scorer are out at very least chemistry going forward is going to be a issue

7. clippy

clippy Member

Also, with Lawson out, Andre Miller is the "leader" of the Nuggets and that guy is just a huge choker and loser, so that bodes well for the opposition. I'm praying the Nuggets and Grizzlies swap places so the Clippers can get them, but looking at the Nuggets cakewalk schedule left, I think they've got the #3 on lock.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

At this point they're going to have to rely on Miller and Brewer for their scoring. Iggy might go for 20 one game, and go for 10 the next game.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hard to say. HOU needs to get to the 6th seed first for this to be even a conversation.

1 person likes this.
  10. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Insert Chandler into the starting lineup, Increase Brewer, McGee & Fournier's minutes. Maybe Mozgov and Randolph will get some playing time now. Just so much depth on that team.

Denver still in good shape, that's what happens when you play a full lineup and trust everyone, you always have someone who can step in right away. >_>

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry the guy is injured. Bad luck for him and bad luck for Denver.

12. TheRealAllpro

True. This just makes it even more important. The odds of winning in the 6th seed just went up like 10 to 20 %

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is unlikely to get the 6th seed, but in the off chance that we do, we might give Denver a run for their money.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lawson and Gallinari are their most versatile scorers.

Big blow to that team.

15. Mariachi ROCKET

Injuries suck, but better them then us!

16. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Damn hope its not that serious I love Gallos game.

good news for the Rockets tho if we get them in the playoffs.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bad karma OP.

Seriously.

18. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Wish we could just make it on our own merit though, without Nuggets having to be injured for us to move up a slot.

I even wonder if we're even in the playoffs if Lakers, Minny & Dallas were healthy all year.

But I guess we do have that "newly assembled team" excuse.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I'd bet on Houston in a series vs. the Nuggets without Lawson and Gallo. still a long series, but i think this hurts them a lot.

20. TheRealAllpro

I thought it was implied that no reasonable person wishes injury to another human. Especially for a game. Didn't intend to be insensitive or disrespectful to the man.