1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who think Utah will win one/are saying "the right things"...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just meant we wouldn't have even been in that position if it wasn't for the injuries. But, that's neither here nor there.

Yeah kjayp , we appear to be rockin at the perfect time. Bring em on! : )

kjayp likes this.
  2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

FWIW, Vegas had Utah -2.5/3, nearly across the board as of tonight: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/ Utah's a -140 to -155 favorite.

Edit, this is for Game 3 only.

I wonder if they know something we don't?

SORF likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course they know things the general public doesn't. that's why it's considered gambling ;)

Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I liked the W.C Fields take on it:
    (Getting ready to gamble)

[Sucker] "Is this a game of chance?"

[Fields] "Not the way I play it, no."

-150 if betting on the Jazz is a fairly big edge, for a team that's been beaten unmercifully the last 3 games they've played. Makes me wonder what the scam is. I guess it could just be officiating shenanigans, but the Rockets already had those in Game 1, and still crushed the Jazz. Altitude, overconfidence, and Brothers-esque officiating?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a fluke - we all know GS will win in 5 and maybe a small chance it will take 6. I will be surprised if the Jazz push this to 6.

It's not a knock on them, but Houston is much better than a 53 win team. You take out that 11-14 start and you have a 42-15 team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

That Clippers comeback was the worst thing that could've happened regarding our likely 2nd-round matchup against the Warriors. It served as a stark reminder that they have to try. They won't be able to coast to another title. I would've preferred them to sweep the Clips and be half asleep when we face them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it has any bearing. The Warriors know the Rockets are a big test and they will bring their A game no matter what. The Clippers winning helps us because every day we can finish before they finish is an extra day of rest for Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If there is no Game 5, more money for NBA finals tickets

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If we were a lower seed last year we would have won the championship. A healthy CP against Warriors, we showed we didn't even need homecourt advantage. Anyone else we could have beat without CP. Last year's version of CP>>>>This Years CP

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This year version Clint > Last Year version Clint >>>>>> Any version of Thon Maker (couldn't resist)