1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who think Utah will win one/are saying "the right things"...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's okay to acknowledge how great this Rockets team is. I know, I know....We haven't done anything yet....yada yada yada..
    But, we are about to sweep the Jazz with extreme prejudice.(and they're a good team)
    Our injuries earlier in the year made sure that our reckoning is next round instead of in the WCF. And, make no mistake, the Rockets are going to take down the Worriers too.
    I think playing GS early is a blessing in disguise. For, we must, as a team, kick it in high gear from the get go this year....and that goes for us..the faithful..as well. I understand the caution/respect for the karma, but it's time to realize and enjoy what's happening. We're healthy, peaking at the right time, and about to deal with EVERYONE in our path. No letdown after we dispense with GS. Just as we're watching greatness with James, the same goes for this team. SO, sit back and enjoy..It's okay to CROW a bit....After all, we should be defending our title...and, we're much better than last year.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had enough Crow, get me something else from the menu.

Variety..

Gray_Jay, BeBreezy, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jazz haven't been playing well in our 2 games. I suspect they will play better over the next 2. They'll be at home and have a loud crowd, which will influence bad referees. A loss to Utah in this series could very well happen, and if it does it won't be the worst thing in the world.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want Utah to win one game so I can buy tickets for game 5

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got it, day. How about GS's heart....for starters? Our eyes won't be bigger than our stomachs.

D-rock, BigShasta, xiki and 1 other person like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sweeping the Jazz in the first round of the playoffs is meaningless. They were bricking wide open threes last night for example. I don’t put a lot of stock into their best defense type status because that’s based on a big man that is easily exploited by our lineup and style specifically.

It’s rings or bust... and I see no reason to pound any chests until win #4 if the nba Finals happens.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

My only interest in sweeping the Jazz is keeping our guys fresh. I don't care if the Jazz win 1 as long as the Warriors lose 1 more. Our main guys have been on a light schedule for all but 1 game since the end of March. Maybe some adversity isn't so bad heading into the second round. Other than the OKC game, we haven't played a competitive game in April.

I'm very curious about whether CP3 can turn it up. If he can't, we're wasting our time. He has not looked like the playoff CP3 I was expecting. He looks several years older than he did in the first round last year. If he's coasting it's fine, but we need some proof that he has another gear when the time comes.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this series with Utah is over...matter of fact, it was over before it even started

I’m just patiently waiting for our 2nd round series against GS

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

As long as Snyder keeps implementing his “ Harden stopper” defense, the j*zz have no chance.
    Game 3 will be the toughest of this series and Utah will put up a fight for that W . Still believe we sweep these chumps!

luckyman76, D-rock and Plowman like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

wasn't game 2 supposed to be the toughest? ;)

Hakeemtheking and juanm34 like this.
  12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Anything less than a sweep will be disappointing. Rockets must finish the Jazz and keep rolling.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Utah will try to take game 3. If they win, it'll be by 1 or 2, or an absolute blowout. There's no gray area.

I'd love a sweep, but when was the last time the Rockets swept in the playoffs over the last few seasons? I always feel that there's one game that the ROckets play down to the competition and lose.

***A sweep would show new found growth and maturity for the group. And, more importantly, time off before we take on the overrated Warriors. (and a potential...:)

But, winning in Utah is TOUGH. The altitude. The refs falling for Ricky/Joe/Gobert flopping....

The crowd is the most despicable, blatantly racist/bigoted group of fans I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting with. (Playoffs--McGrady put up 40 something and we still lost.)

The stuff they were yelling made my mother want to leave because the fans were not only yelling things at the Rockets, but also at us, and other Rockets' fans.

I remember one obese gentleman called my mom a Houston C_ _ T. It took all of my self-control to not break his thick neck.

Hoping for PJ to shoot lights out.
    EGO with 20
    James with 20
    CP3 is due for a major game
    Gerald Green is due
    Clint will have his toughest game...Rudy is going to try to show him up.

Scariest player on the Jazz for this game: Ingles (He hasn't been the threat yet...it's our defense and his lack of confidence, but he's going to get us)

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You're a cold man, Plow. Cold.

Plowman likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it is weird that i'm more worried about potentially playing Milwaukee than the Warriors?

Make no mistake, we are still the underdogs vs the warriors and I'm still not convinced we get past them... But if we do, I legit concerned about a potential matchup with the Bucks as they've kicked our butt BADLY this year. Would make last year even more devastating as I firmly believe we would have ran the Cavs out of the building.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

CP hasn't needed to do much. He looks fine to me. He's letting the game come to him. No use over-exerting against a team that's self-destructing and playing gimmick defense.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree, to an extent. But if we beat the Warriors, we can beat anyone. The Bucks are our worst matchup, but the season series was influenced by injuries. Whoever gets to the WCF to play the winner of Rox-Warriors is also battle-tested. With the exception of this first round, the Rockets will have to absolutely run the crucible to win out this year.

Last year will forever sting, because that Cavs team was trash. Heck, the '09 Lakers series still stings because we took them to 7 after losing Yao, Mutombo and McGrady, and then watched them win the championship.

We also matched up well with the Spurs in the mid 00's but could never get past teams that were built to beat our front-courts like kryptonite (Okur-Boozer Jazz, Dirk Mavs).

Nothing comes easy for the Rockets.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We have not faced the White Walkers in their native land yet. Nor have we faced Scott Fosters and any of the Tony Brothers.

D-rock likes this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sweeps aren’t easy. No one should be discouraged if we drop 1.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thread title should've been: This is @DreamShook's nightmare thread!

DreamShook, hakeem94 and Plowman like this.