1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For DirecTV NBALP subscribers ONLY...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GATER, Oct 7, 2003.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

DO NOT pay attention to the "schedule" of pre-season games listed on NBA.com, NBATV or even on the DTV website. I am currently watching the Cavs @ Pistons (ch 722) which was not scheduled to be broadcast.

It has been my experience that NBALP (on DTV) will randomly show games during pre-season with no ryhme, reason or prior notification. I will update this thread should the Rox @ POR be broadcast.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think I just blew a load! :D I may actually get to see the Rockets tonight!!!! HAAAAAAAA!!!! OH JOY !!!!! :D :D :D

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I wouldn't get your hopes up. My DTV guide shows the Cavs vs. Pistons on the schedule as well as Magic vs. Mavericks. Add that to the fact that only 2 NBA channels are listed right now (add'l bandwidth used for something else?) and I think we're going to be left out in the cold.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I noticed the same thing about only two NBA channels showing. So far they are showing 3 of the current games that are in action including the Heat and 76ers game on NBA TV.

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The DTV websiTe does not show the Cavs/Pistons on 722....

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/Progr...&current=Footer&success=/glb/ProgramGuide.dsp

I don't have my hopes up for tonight. I guess my point may have been obscured...for any game on DTV, don't trust anything except actually surfing their channels at tipoff time.

BTW - you should be getting a 3rd game - Sixers and Heat in Puerto Rico. Also IIRC, on NBATV they occassionally rebroadcast games at a later time.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Is there any one has Dish Network? I am a new subscriber and ordered LP immediately after the installation. But the NBA TV channel ( 560) is still blocked, called the customer service, they told me have to wait until Oct 28th to see the pass and NBA TV. Is that true for everyone?

7. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Not true. I watched the sixers game on 560.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Agreed. I've noticed that also, but the likelihood is low when not listed.

9. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Gater...I have had LP for several yrs...

Preseason games are pretty much potluck...usually if the local fox affiliate (or sunshine network et al) has the game televised, then LP will show it...but not always. Therefore, unless they have changed the way the handle the preseason, you will various preseason games but I dont believe anythign is set in stone.

If, when you go to NBA TV, there is a "1" or " NBA 1" next to a specific game, then more than likely, that game will be on 721...did this answer your question?