1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Connor McGregor August 26th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CallMeTheDream, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Mr. Space City

Knockouts don't happen without punching power.

You can have all the intellect and timing in the world but it only means so much when the fist goes to the face. That's where power takes over.

Where was his timing and intellect when he said gen was going to knockout Floyd in the first round?

2. Mr. Space City

No, he looked gassed early in his fights late in his career and struggled to get through them.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously you need some power numb-nuts. Conor has NEVER won on crazy power, nor has he EVER been known for it.

Ask Jose Aldo and Eddie Alvarez, it's his timing and precision that make him special.

Simple answer? He was selling the fight. Can't you see that?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I can show you plenty of interviews from current boxers, threads in boxing forums etc who say Conor looked like trash, had terrible punching mechanics, no power, bad footwork and endurance etc and I can also validate that claim when analyzing the actual fight.

You on the other hand are acting like an arrogant prick and are only able to come up with "false", it's idiotic. Discuss the technical aspects of boxing or shut up, you are only showing your lack of boxing knowledge.

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

James Toney can go 12 rounds in his sleep on a burrito diet. On the mat he is going to get gassed in 32 seconds, guaranteed.

The stamina required for different sports is a different sort of stamina.

6. Mr. Space City

now going to personal insults when I never called you a personal insult. Now you're mad? :p

Where was that timing and precision vs mayweather when he said he was gonna knock him out in the first round? :D

7. Mr. Space City

Maybe prime toney but not washed up fat out of shape 40 year old toney.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You can show me threads in BOXING forums??? NO WAY!!! OH YUNG-T YOU HAVE CONVINCED ME!!! :D

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

PPV sales Son, learn how the game works. Mayweather said he was going to get in the Octagon next, what happened to that? :D

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I can find you a safe space where no one will call you numbnuts, will that work?

(Maybe Yung-T can lead you to the boxing forums where all the "experts" are?) :eek:

11. Mr. Space City

where did mayweather say that at?

maybe I missed it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

I'm fine where I'm at.

I just find it humerous how mad you are.

How long did you cry after your hero got TKO'd?

How many inches of tears was it?

More than hurricane Harvey?

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Oh man, I cried harder than Akon tried. (So hard)

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Did we not all want the wife beater to get beat down? Or am I in the wrong place? :D

15. Mr. Space City

Damn that sucks to hear.

Whatever you're struggling with, you don't have to go through it alone. The Lifeline is here for you, 24/7, at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I also said Interviews with boxers, cute how you always leave out words or whole paragraphs.
    And again you're shying away from ANY debate on technical aspects of boxing.

You're all empty words and no knowledge.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So it was about sales then, but the fight was of course 100% real. Changing the narrative to what it suits you, huh.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hope you guys listen to "boxing expert" Max Kellerman today. :) Something along the lines of 'incredibly high fighting IQ, and there is a reason he didn't hit Floyd with anything hard, because he knew that the only way to hit him was to not load up'. Nothing about "looked terrible", etc.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He even said Mayweather gave Conor the first three rounds and that the fight was over as soon as Floyd got serious, so not sure you heard the whole thing.
    Also said the punches had no weight.

Fighting IQ has absolutely nothing to do with technical boxing skills, absolutely no one here said that McGregor has no fighting iq, this discussion is solely about his actual skills in terms of footwork, punching etc.

So please, try to have an actual conversation about technical aspects of boxing or stop acting holier than thou when it's obvious you aren't knowledgable when it comes to boxing.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

"Fighting IQ has absolutely nothing to do with technical boxing skills"

:D

Holy crap. I'm out. This is madness this is Sparta.