1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Five policemen shot in southeast Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Officer lied on the warrant. No informant bought drugs at the house. Abbott needs to step up and get Texas Rangers or State Police to investigate this if the FBI doesn't do it. The officers basically committed a home invasion under the umbrella of an illegal search warrant. Heads should roll and if these victims had family that can sue they will be living in River Oaks very soon.

SWTsig, edwardc, superfob and 2 others like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I had no problem with your post other than the final line that included an unnecessary derogatory slur towards the gay community. It has now been removed either by you or the mods.

Issues with HPD are not a recent phenomenon. Having long hair in the '70's would get you pulled over and hassled or killed. Google Joe Campos Torres; some of us long-haired old-timers were there for the Moody Park riots.

BruceAndre and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

I’ve reported a few minor crimes (Bike theft/car broken into/ mugging) and while doing it just imagined the officer curling my report up into a ball and throwing it into a trash can. I mean, that’s essentially what happens.

Last time my car window was smashed and. broken into I called the non-emergency line... nobody answered 3 times... so I call 911 and they take my info... 1.5 hours pass and I call back because im literally sitting at the scene of the crime and I don’t want to sit there forever.. they tell me “everyone is busy and im low priority” - which I get I am low priority but if you think “everyone is busy” and nobody can come in 1.5 hours ive got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. I proceed to drive to the station downtown and give my report. Guess how many cops I passed doing jack sh$$. Guess how many cops were hanging around the downtown station doing jack sh&&.

From all my encounters HPD comes off as totally useless, uninterested and just there to do the absolute minimum.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

One should not depend on the government for anything -- personal security, retirement security, health care.....

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

That POS seriously needs to be called out. But that was true even before all of this dirtiness was uncovered.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've known or encountered several HPD officers who are very good and dedicated people. Plenty of morons too. And one that I would describe as a textbook sociopath....

Just like they aren't all heroes, they aren't all villains. I'm sorry some of you have had nothing but bad experiences, but there are good officers. Just apparently none involved in this case.

I actually don't really have major issues with Art Acevedeo. I think his heart's in the right place, he just sometimes speaks on things when he isn't clear on the details.

I think the union rep was probably trying to pander to his union without caring how his bluster appears to the rest of the world.

The criminals here are the people who faked warrants and murdered two people in their own home.

#146 Ottomaton, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    macho GRANDE and B-Bob like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

9. bobrek

I asked my friend who had been in IA for a number of years (retired a few years ago) if he'd ever heard of him and he hadn't.

10. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The whole thing smelled like it was a sequel to the Training Day movie if you are aware of how things usually work.

I don't want to get into all the tactics. However, there are certain things that didn't pass the smell test right off the bat.

For instance, why are you conducting a raid on a drug house (not like a murder suspect) at 5PM in a residential area? That means more likely to be people out and about and the suspects are likely awake as well.

Why isn't SWAT conducting the raid?
    SWAT will hit several houses early in the morning in one day. They get a stack of warrants and go through them a few at a time. So why are undercover narcotics offiers running this raid?

The dog. If an informant or an undercover officer had really been in that house they likely would have been aware of a pitbull being inside. That should have changed how it went down if it was legit. Officers would have possibly brought treats with them, a capture pole so they don't have to kill the dog. or even fire extinguishers. Nope... just break the door in and oh damn... pit bull. UH HUH.....

pgabriel and Astrodome like this.
  11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The whole situation is pretty shady. I've been keeping up with this guys videos on YouTube and decided to post it. I hope he's wrong...

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I believe the poster of these videos was just arrested for a sex crime.

14. bobrek

Robert Kraft posted these videos?

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

But that still doesn't mean his version isn't credible. Just that he has a hell of a lot of other things to worry about now.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is an old water company building i used to walk by on the way to work. I would see police cars there, it is clearly used by law enforcement. One morning pretty early i swear i saw a SWAT unit preparing to leave

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have no idea. My opinions about this case have been off from the start. I blamed the homeowners and i was wrong. What a roller coaster it has been

Harrisment and FranchiseBlade like this.