1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has already stated that one thing he regretted from his days at the Suns was he didn't take his system to the extreme......now he is doing that.

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Again.

Steve Kerr said in 2018, small ball is way too taxing on the body to do too much because of the added emphasis on boxing out and rebounding. Which is why he always limited the minutes of those lineups.

We are now seeing the results. They look gassed and finished already.

You need legit big men throughout a season.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. realonemo

realonemo Member

Dantoni has been a super successful coach. I think he is perfect for a Trae Young type of player at PG. A young, up and coming team. Harden needs a coach that is no nonsense, defense oriented or at least doesn't ignore defense. SVG maybe ? Although that relationship could get ugly fast.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we should immediately hire atkinson as an assistant, see if he's a fit to takeover after this season

and on a sidenote, pringles' wifey laurel made me cringe almost as much as our play on the court last nite

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Atkinson or Joerger will lead us to a championship. Both have a rich history of success. The collective records of those two is far better than D'antoni's. They can both check Harden and make him play the right way. We can get another center and all will be fine. Another 7 footer clogging up the lane is all that this team needs.If Russ falls off so be it. He can just go back to firing up those pull up 3's. I'm actually all for it. This fan base deserves to get what they are all asking for.

D-rock, kjayp, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Gregg pop will take the job if you give him money.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I think just the opposite. We are clearly too tall for this to work and should have Harden as the tallest guy in the lineup. If everyone else is 6’3” and under we can wear teams out with our speed and athleticism. We need to send anyone taller than Harden to the g-league which is our only legitimate chance to win a title.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Rockets now become the joke for All channels of ESPN, TNT, Foxsports......every day.

can’t rebound,
    Can’t defend
    Can’t shoot

bench don’t generate chemistry at all.

11. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

It should have been done in the offseason. Small ball can work but Mike is too stubborn to make adjustments with a big when Harden is not in.

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

small ball can only use a short period of time. You have Harkinstein and Tyson. MDA is so stubborn, can we change a coach who knows how to defense? I think the team knows how to offense.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’re right....let’s keep it as it is and win multiple championships with 35 year old 6’5” pj tucker not clogging the lane. You’re so smart that I am jealous.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tall ball works much better and that is why 100% of the teams (minus the Rockets) use it.

15. JackLordsHair66

Ah it’s overrated don’t you know, legend has it that we once went 9-2 using small ball exclusively ... ahh the good ol’ days ...

Btw, Dantoni isn’t going anywhere until we get bounced from our first round playoff series.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Tucker/Harden will get his shot back and the team will get back to being great. I bet you werent saying anything when we were beating all the good teams were you...nah you werent saying jack. I'll trust Morey/Dantoni experiment, what you dont get is that wed be in a worse spot with Capela whos injured right now and even with him being healthy. There is no acceptable way to lose. Dont blame him because he understand that and you don't.

D-rock, BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You would lose that bet. Please check my posts as I have been against small ball since day 1.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like that Mike shaved off his stache and then put glasses on to make him look smarter and negate timely TOs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Well that’s even worse then :D, they could lose the rest of their games and I would still trust D’Antoni/Morey more than you on anything basketball related.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You should be jealous.

You will probably get your wish though MDA may be gone, and we may bring in a slew of 7 footers to "fix" our team. We are committed to Westbrook. We saw it in OKC and we saw it here in Houston. He needs the lane to be open to maximize his strengths. "Tall Ball" won't work with Russ and we have seen the evidence already over past several seasons. An efficient Russ gives us the best chance win. If you take your hate goggles off then maybe you could see it too. The team had no choice under the current circumstances. A stretch 5 could work. Maybe we can grab one next year. But not someone like Capela, or Steven Adams. It would be a detriment.

But hey I'm glad that you are enjoying this losing streak. Keep gloating. Just don't disappear if/when we turn this thing back around.

D-rock, HP3 and YOLO like this.