1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It wasn't a blowout though until the last minutes, they made it within 11 or 10.

He shouldn't have played at all because his game sucks at the moment and something is bothering him, physically and mentally. Truth.

ak99999 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

this game was a blowout. they were down 20 with 9 mins left in the 4th. started the 4th down 15. and they were down 20 with 5 mins left. "injured" harden still decides to play. whether its up 20 or down 20. cool

smp likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Our best case scenario for firing MDA looks like the knicks in 11-12

They went 18-24 with MDA then switched him for Woodson and went 18-6 .

But you generally don’t wanna emulate the knicks

4. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

The handling of Isaiah Hartenstein is just bizarre, who knows if he can play solid basketball over a 3-month stretch, but D'Antoni hasn't given him a chance, and when he does he learns something new about Hartenstein's abilities on the court. Frankly, Hartenstein should be getting developmental minutes given the lineups the Rockets have been running out there recently.

5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Lue andcasselhave championship experience that's an upgrade.Our Coach has never been to the finals. These guys have actually won it playing and coaching

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

No harden westbrooks cannot win.
    With harden with Gordon can win
    With westbrooks and Gordon cannot win

Can Morey upgrade the small forward position?

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

thanks to coach lebron.

bj3175 likes this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

How about move harden to small forward and put Gordon as shooting guard

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Lebron did coach on the floor but Lue managed those superstar egos off camera not to mention the rest of the guys. A veteran team can be marshalled by the best player if you have accountability behind the scenes. If LBJ was that good of a coach despite the head coach then why is it he has so many choke jobs in the finals

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Isaiah Hartenstein

11. Bobby Jackson Rules

No defense, wrong playing time distribution, predictable simple offense playbook. I just cannot this man not using neither Hartenstein nor Chandler, and let PJ JH RW play over 35 minutes.

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

How about we start Austin Rivers and move Harden to the 3? Just a thought.

We still need to try different lineups and I think this would work.

Ramo$e and WestendMassive like this.
  13. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

This team's strength is their small ball. They may use these games to look at what they are missing to help their decision before trade deadline.

D-rock, amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Small ball + top tier defense = championship

15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

put harden and westbrooks under the rim to get rebounds, because other players shooting accuracy are more good

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I hate to say this but Its Kenny Atkins time People. It is perfect time to let him go sailing onto retirement. Heck Mike is awesome guy, great coach but i think his time here is done!. Good luck

18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

MDA is a stubborn guy. I don't know why he still continues small ball. Harden doesn't suits for a team with no center. There is no 3 points guy like curry and Thompson in our team. MDA needs to out. I suggest to change coach and invite back our assistant coach back and use Harkinstein and Tyson again.

19. gogispade

gogispade Member

DMA should be gone for awhile now. I think we are looking at another first round exit, another year thrown away.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

The problem isn't the small ball. It's the COACH.... He's loyal to his starters to a fault. He doesn't take this game serious and players follow suit. When players are not playing well we need to sub players, that's what we have reserves for. He needs to better manage their minutes so that our best players are fresh for the third and fourth quarters. If small ball isn't working try something different. Never seen Hartensien play.... but he looks long, lanky, and can hit a 3, if open long enough. Capela couldn't hit a three. If PJ is off try something else.... PJ's defense isn't elite anymore to justify keeping if that long plus burning him out now he's really going to be useless playoff time. Why are we not playing C. Tyson???? I know he's old but he can screen and dunk. I seen four straight possessions against the magic where they got right in the painted for layups and floaters and mid range uncontested jumpers. Maybe they forget Capela's not back there to clean up their mess anymore.

We can't even win a game playing like this let alone a championship. Would definitely love to see Jeff Green more over House.

He need to play real defense and switch up our offense. We have been in going Westbrook and Harden iso super heavy without Capela. We were predictable running pick and rolls and alley ups every play but we are just as predictable with offense going Harden and Westbrook iso's Some nights it'll work fine and then some nights we'll need to switch it up bring back the pick and roll. That's 3 more options to score. Westbrook or Harden can either take the pick for the easy dunk or layup, or throw the alley depending on where we have the defense on their heels. Hartensien could roll to the three point for some open 3's.

This coach just doesn't know what he is doing. I've been saying it since we hired him, cheered for him and my team but know it's getting stupid....