1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

After 2 days I am still fuming and tired of every one on CF trying to come up with excuses for him. He made an inexcusable mistake that cost us a championship caliber team and giftwrapped a superteam to OKC. He should be fired.

NicaHoustonian likes this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don't know what you are talking about. Trading for Melo is a low risk high reward move. If it doesn't work Melo and CP's contracts expire next summer and we'll have max cap room. OKC didn't go all in. Presti flipped 2 bad contracts into PG and Melo. How is it a bet for them? It's a no brainer and you do that trade 10 times out of 10.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I remember when I used to think oladipo was the man

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You don't get it.

NY wanted Ariza and Gordon for Melo. Does trading both of those players for Melo really make us a better team? I don't think so.

It certainly doesn't move the needle enough for us to beat Golden State.

photojoe, J.R. and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But what if you lose Gordon and ariza and gain melo and wade? I'm not saying one way or the other. I just want to know your opinion. #howboudat

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Yes it does make us a better team. We badly need a forward who can make plays off the dribble. Do you know we sucked so bad against the Spurs? Because when they always put their guards on Ryno and big man on Ariza and our guys couldn't drive past them. With Melo our offense would be much more dynamic. Golden State got Durant and Green, OKC got Melo and PG and we here talking how valuable Trevor Ariza is? Are you kidding me? Now that we got CP Gordon is totally expandable. Morey ****ed up, period. Seriously if I were a Houstonian I would boycott the team until he's fired. That's how angry I am right now.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Even without Wade you do that trade. He was the only star that we have a realistic chance of acquiring. Morey's been talking about BIG3 for decades but when he finally has a chance, he somehow managed to **** up

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Stop excusing the triple cheese burger from this fiasco

It didn't have to come down to Gordon and Ariza. It wouldn't have had he not overpaidd for Toyota Center brick layer Ryan Anderson.

CP3 came here to play with 2 other stars, instead he now sees OKC get the 3 stars making the West an even tougher out

9. curbur

curbur Member

Yea, that's my real issue. Morey has been preaching that big 3's win championships, then he got within earshot of one and waffled. I agree Ariza + Gordon is too much though, but surely had they countered with just one of those players + Anderson + picks a month or two ago it probably would have been a done deal. Every report I've read and keep reading on it states our standing offer of just ryno basically never changed. Perhaps I'm being shortsighted and our 3rd star is around the corner somewhere, but meanwhile the clock on the cp3 + harden experiment started ticking, and we only have a year to solidify that we are a good destination to compete for a championship going forward. Not to mention melo went to a team trying to chomp at our heels and catch up, adding pg + melo to make a new big 3 with Westbrook is a big problem for us, even if it is a big 3 all with expiring contracts.

cheke64 and ashleyem like this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The big thing is this pretty much gives us a zero chance of acquiring LBJ. With Melo and CP3, there was an outside shot at LBj but now that's probably not there anymore.

ashleyem likes this.
  11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Seriously if I were a ClutchFans mod I would boycott all of your future posts. That's how ridiculous you sound right now.

12. Tha_Dude

There's no guarantee you get Wade even if we had made the trade.

I still think he goes to Cleveland, but even if I'm wrong Morey would have had very little chance of reliably counting on that.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush, am i right?

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Get two birds stoned at once

Tha_Dude likes this.
  14. Tha_Dude

So, you think we would be favored to beat Golden State if we had given in and made the trade? I think you're overvaluing Melo here just a bit.

We like to make jokes about Hoodie Melo and how he has the highest rating in 2k, but that's a pipedream. The reality is that Melo is a B grade player and has been so for the last several seasons. You don't trade Ariza and Gordon for a B grade because it's not going to move the needle enough.

If you want to be mad at Morey, you can find better things to criticize him for. Not making this ridiculous trade isn't one of them.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

So you actually think our chances is greater now after we stand pat and gift wrapped OKC a superteam? Give me a break

I didn't say we would be favored. But we have better chances with Melo.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

So now you are saying that we should have taken a trade that hurts us as a team to hurt another team more? Melo will never, ever be worth Anderson + Ariza or Ego. Wow...

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I guarantee he's not coming here now

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If you really think so you don't know basketball. Having a power forward who can actually drive past people would make our offensive 100x more dangerous.

mario_v likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and having no bench or depth makes the team worse at the same time

Melo himself in no way does he make up for the contributions with the combination of those guys and what they do for this team.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Filling the bench is much easier than acquiring a star. Those chances don't come often.