1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally!! Root Sports will allow live online streaming

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by WizzyWig, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ktex

ktex Member

Can you tell me how you got this to work? When I try to select my carrier, there is no ATT Uverse in the list- keep checking while game is being played.

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I haven't tried to use it since the day I discovered it was available. I'll check to see if it's still available for me during today's game. Do you live in the Houston area?

3. ktex

ktex Member

Yes sir.

4. marks0223

Supporting Member

Apparently the app remembers my previous log in because when I click "Watch Live on Root Sports" it immediately starts showing the Astros game for me without having to select my carrier.

Try deleting the At Bat app and download it again.

5. ktex

ktex Member

I'll give that a shot, thx.

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks to @The Cat for finding this:

Has to be during a live game or it doesn't work I think.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Was basically a two-step process for me:

1.) If it's working on your phone/tablet app but not your browser (as was the case for me and almost everyone else I talked to), make sure you go to the settings page on your MLB At Bat app and link your MLB.com account.

2.) Then, once you've linked your MLB.com account, go to the MLB.com activation page (while you're signed into your MLB.com account, of course):
    http://m.mlb.com/hou/root/activate
    From there, it should give you an option to sign in with approved providers. (DirecTV, UVerse, etc.) And then yeah, as you said, only works during live games. No archives.

It's really helpful if you have DTV and are prone to TV outages (but not power) during storms. There's no DIRECT Chromecast extension -- however, once I finally figured out how to stream from my laptop, I just let Chromecast stream my overall browser, and the quality was outstanding. Only buffered once or twice in the ~2 hours that I used it. There's a lag of 30 seconds or so compared with those watching on TV, so you probably don't want to actively be on Twitter during the ABs, but that's true with any streaming service.

Castor27 likes this.
  8. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

I just downloaded at bat on an old Android phone that I no longer use. A galaxy 3 I believe.
    Then stream it and mirror the screen to my tv. Pretty straight forward.

9. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

So I finally got the streaming video to work on the At Bat app, at least while I was in Houston. Anyone know if they track your location and only allow you to stream while in the non-blackout area (i.e., can you stream the game while in California?)

10. Buck Turgidson

Astros and Rangers are blacked out all over Texas. VPN or thievery are your options.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's talking about the in-market streaming option, which allows you to stream via your cable provider login.

You actually can connect from outside Texas as well.

12. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Actually, wouldn't let me stream from outside of Texas. Said my location was subject to the blackout rules. I believe if you are outside of Texas, you have to subscribe to MLB.tv, which is ridiculous. I'm a DirecTV subscriber in Houston, should be good enough.

13. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Has anyone gotten it to work today. They changed the name to aTT today so wondering if thats an issue

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I was wondering why my Xfinity remote wouldn't recognize my voice when I was saying root sports. Lol. Watching now on the TV att sports network.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Watch it free at Facebook.com/mlb or just search mlb on the app

16. marks0223

Supporting Member

I suspect (hope) its just not available today due to the free Facebook feed.

17. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Bro EVERYTHING is available on the internet for free if you just take the time and search.. go to google and search "vipbox".... free live streams from NBA to NFL to cricket ****ing polo. You are welcome!... I should make a thread

18. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Cool I already knew this but the topic is streaming from Root sports which is now att sportsnetsw. They offer HD quality free streaming of the game without having to try 20 links to find a game that doesn't load ads. I'm able to airplay to my Apple TV and enjoy the quality. Let's just hope the Facebook streaming was the cause for it not showing yesterday

19. ktex

ktex Member

Ever since the name change I get some sort of unauthorized login error within the MLB at bat app. Anyone else?

20. marks0223

Supporting Member

I've received this message on my iPad but not on my android phone.