1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Film] Clint Eastwood's "The 15:17 to Paris"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, Dec 14, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

Another upcoming Clint Eastwood directed film with a twist...it stars the guys that actually pulled this off in real life!

For that reason alone I'm interested (that and the fact I've enjoyed Eastwoods recent movies...Sully, American Sniper, Gran Torino).

Nook and vlaurelio like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What are the chances Pam from The Office would be on that train?

Amazing.

cardpire and Nook like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is going to sound dickish of me... but not immediately putting together what the story is about, quickly googling (I didn't actually watch the trailer... he makes good movies, I'm sure the trailer will be quality... but should I care about the plot)...

... is this something that should be a movie?

4. VanityHalfBlack

BIg Eastwood fan. Definitely going to go see this gem!

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Was hoping this was a western. I just watched The Ballad of Lefty Brown last night and all of Godless a week or two back. I need more!

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Thought it was a sequel to 3:10 to Yuma.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to ask? :confused:

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Anyway, pretty crazy how prolific Eastwood is at his age. Basically a new movie every year or every other year at most. The whole process from beginning to end has to be pretty short and spontaneous.

"You say we can't get a real baby today? Oh well, just hold this doll and we'll move on." :D

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Looks sully boring

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Appreciate what these guys did, but even from the trailer, I could tell the acting isn’t going to be that great.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oops, wrong thread

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I didn't watch Sully for a long time because it looked so boring. But then I watched it and it was pretty good. He does a good job with these subjects.

13. conquistador#11

I was hoping it would be a world war 2 film. I like clint eastwood films so I'll watch.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m so happy those guys got paid for this movie and the free vacation they got but this....

This was a horrible movie! Lmao. Like Razzie Award tripe movie. Like someone take Clint to the doctor bad. Like The room bad!

15. TheresTheDagger

Cool interview with Kimmel. This dude is lucky to be alive.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's like they filmed it with amateur actors! Oh wait!

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Awful awful movie. For 3 friends, they have 0 chemistry between them. There's 20-30 min of them just complementing each other on their meals and taking selfies. You are an hour and 30 minutes into the movie and they still haven't boarded the train. The event should have taken 15 minutes max and they made into a movie. The biggest mistake is probably casting the actual guys from the real life event in the movie

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Have to say, I appreciate that Eastwood wanted to tell a story of real-life heroes, but the trailer alone shows you that it would be difficult stretching the story into a full-length feature film. And that "natural, real-life" actors = wooden cue-card readers.

I wasn't a huge fan of "Sully". It suffered from the same syndrome: basically forty minutes essential and fifty minutes padding and opening/end credits. How many times can you show the same plane crash (well, "ditch into the Hudson")? And heightening the tension by making the aviation board a bunch of out-to-get-him corporate drone types (except, well, there was no tension).

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wonder what is next for Eastwood? Is he going to tell the heroic story how of a meteor killed all those evil dinosaurs next?

Big MAK likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Awesome propaganda film. Definitely going to check it out. (sarcasm for the uninitiated)