1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta's dig about Chinatown

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Will, May 21, 2020.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Do: Denounce Morey for tweeting about Hong Kong.

Don't: Make a fuss about this.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...table-restaurant-executives-industry-leaders/
    I can't make out the first part of Fertitta's comment. Apparently his mic was off. It's at 1:17:50 of this video, in case any of you can decipher it. He and Trump are clearly having a good time about it.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?472244-1/restaurant-executives-meeting-white-house

Putting this in D&D since it's political.

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does he know the difference between Chinatown and China?

adoo, rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s just mad they make better crawfish than the food truck he has parked in front of the boardwalk.

ryan_98, RayRay10, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would be a real shame if the China netizen thought police pick this one up and run with it.

A real shame.

FrontRunner, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fertitta seems like the type of dude who would idolize and try to imitate Trump. He even copies Trump's practice of releasing shitty books with shitty titles that aren't really authored by them.

joshuaao, FrontRunner, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tilman was just kissing Trump's ass trying to get that bailout money.

FrontRunner, Ziggy, Will and 8 others like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fern t*** broke AF.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What did Les say at this meeting? Oh right... he wasn’t there and typically not known to be associated with known corrupt criminal racists.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like this. It also didn't sound like he was taking a dig at Chinatown but a dig at Nancy Pelosi.

And yes. It doesn't appear he knows the difference between Chinatown and the PRC.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-false-claims-about-pelosi-and-chinatown/

• Trump falsely tweeted that “Crazy Nancy Pelosi” had deleted a video from Twitter of her visit to Chinatown. “She wanted everyone to pack into Chinatown long after I closed the BORDER TO CHINA,” Trump said. But there is no record such a video was ever posted on Twitter by Pelosi.
    • At an April 13 coronavirus briefing, Trump falsely claimed that during her visit Pelosi said, “‘Let’s all have the big parade — Chinatown parade.'” Pelosi didn’t say that. In fact, that parade had taken place on Feb. 8, more than two weeks before Pelosi went to Chinatown.
    • At a coronavirus briefing on April 15, Trump exaggerated when he said Pelosi “was trying to have, in San Francisco, parties in Chinatown, because she thought it would be great.” Pelosi didn’t mention parties during her visit, although she urged people to come to Chinatown to shop and eat.
    • Trump also falsely said Pelosi visited Chinatown “to show that this thing doesn’t exist,” referring to the novel coronavirus. Pelosi never suggested that it didn’t exist. She stressed the need for “prevention, prevention, prevention” — urging people to be “concerned and vigilant,” but not “afraid.”

Tilman was probably talking about what Trump had been saying even though it's false. Definitely trying to be buddy buddy with Trump.

joshuaao, FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

another thing in common w POTUS!

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Just shut up and suck ass

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tilman fcked me out quite a bit of money last year. I wish when he did that I could have gotten the knee pads out and ran to DC for a handout.

Ziggy, vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would rather Trump as a life time President than Tilman being owner of the Rocket. I never get what I want.

JuanValdez and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am still confused - Chinatown is a tourist district in SF - last time I checked that is America.

WTF those a video of Pelosi going to Chinatown have anything at all to do with what happens in China?

I mean, this is why the right is called out for it's race issues. Because Chinese Americans ARE NOT Chicom as much as the @generalthade_03's of the world want you to believe.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I reside in your mind and in your heart ChiCom lover everyday, till dis day. Lol
    The more you post, the more you reveal to us who you really are despite playing the fair and balanced bullshiet game when it comes to the ChiCom.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Great. Tilman and the “My Pillow“ guy are in Trumps corner. All seem like con-men.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pelosi's Chinatown visit doesn't have much to do with a travel ban from China. But, Pelosi went on Feb 24 to Chinatown and encouraged people to go there because they were hurting for business. On Feb 26, officials confirmed the first official case of community spread in California (though the guy was tested 2/23 and sick before that) which kicked off new guidelines and then the shutdown. California and the nation didn't know whether to panic or not on Feb 24, but they did know by the following week. Which made Pelosi's Chinatown visit ill-timed.

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So Pelosi encouraging people not to be racist and fear going to Chinatown because of what was happening in Wuhan was ill-timed because later on people would begin locking down the country was ill-timed?

Let's not forget that many officials, including the POTUS was encouraging people to go out AFTER the WHO and CDC said not to have large gathering.

Seems very political and dishonest to suggest she did something wrong here.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, like any suburban U of H grad (including me), he sees Asian professors and classmates, and doesn't think about how they got there.

Ah thank we got sum chai-kneez is the unofficial white commuter's motto.

RayRay10 likes this.