1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Feigen: Rockets want Melo off the bench, may sign with Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jogo

jogo Member

If Melo takes the full MLE then what are are options for signing Harty and Melton and Qi?

2. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

I watched most OKC Thunder games last year because I'm a Carmelo Anthony fan. Let me tell you he actually plays very hard on defense and he D actually wan't that bad. The people who are saying that he doesn't play hard are clearly people with a bias against him and they don't actually look at the way he plays. He's not the greatest defender in the world but he's not the worst either.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Zhou is already signed to a contract from 2 season ago. Very team friendly.
    The expectation is Melo will get most of the taxpayer MLE (minus around 800K). That 800K would be used to sign Melton to a 3yr deal.
    Hartenstein....would be left to sign a vet min contract. Probably 2 years. @BimaThug would have a better idea of that though.

Chanmarr, DonKnock and Chamillionaire like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Chris Carter?

The same guy that has parroting the BS from Kawhi Leonard for months? The same guy that claimed that Popovich would trade Leonard to where he wanted to go? The same guy that was a drug addict and almost ruined his career?

Yeah lets take advice from him.

For what it is worth at one time he said Chris Paul would not fit with the Rockets........ you know, a 12 year veteran at the time.

I will take what the guy who coached Anthony (MDA) and the GM (Morey) believe over what a football player with a perforated septum.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"You got to get yourself a fall guy."

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If we trade for bazemore he could start at SF.

Also , I'm very high on Melton . I think we could run out a lineup like this.

Cp
    Melton
    Harden
    Tucker
    Clint .

James does better defending bigger players .

smoothie likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I didn't read your whole question, what was it about?

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do you really think he needs days off? His game just doesn't take a pounding and he seems durable. Am I wrong here?

9. hakeemthagreat

Calling a guy a crackhead because you don't agree with his sports opinion, is a lowblow.

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Melton in the starting lineup?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm very high on him lol

12. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

And worse. A Philadelphia Eagle.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean he "could" play/start at SF, but like 80% of his minutes last year were at SG. Slightly more tilted toward SF in 16/17. Though in 15/16 he barely got any minutes at SF.

He's a TWO, that can play THREE.

How he'd work as a three that can play two is TBD.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is great data. i think you're right about his 25-32mpg. i don't care if he starts or takes a bench role, but at this point who else will start? i wouldn't ask him to come off the bench for ennis. if he starts he can help get us off to quick starts in the 1st and 3rd which we usually don't get.

our flow is usually like:

-end of 1st / early 2nd quarters & end of 3rd / start of 4th = our bench outplays our opponents
    -end of 2nd & end of 4th = our best 5 outplay our opponents
    -start of 1st & 3rd = out starters come out flat.

so sign me up for melo as a starter to fill that gap

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Melo can not start at the 3, and Tucker is not the player we love when he is at the 3. To top that off, MDA always goes smaller. Always.

Melo or Tucker will come off the bench. I pick Melo off the bench. This team cannot afford to lose any more defense than it already has, we're barely going to hang on as it is.

Reeko and YOLO like this.
  16. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Me too bro, I keep telling dudes if you don't watch him night in and night out you can't just make claims and stamp them as true. No one ever called Melo a stopper but he plays defense, it isn't always great but its there.

17. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

While on crack.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Why are people posting in this thread? Has there been a report with Melo on the Miami side?

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

My point of calling him a former crackhead was could you imagine media members saying

"What person you know just stops doing crack and gets their life together?"

Cris did that and went on to have a HoF career and him questioning Melo's abilities based off of narrative show me he's looking for shock value. They asked what team he should go to and Cris said the Washington Generals. Dude is a clown and former fiend, he deserved what I said. He's lucky I aint on TV.

20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I never said give him a day off.

I def think his minutes need to be managed in a certain way much like a veteran back who gets carries and touches in certain spots while the young bull carries to work load.

Melo's legs tend to go later in the game unless he's just in an insane rhythm and running off adrenaline. When Fisher became our coach he focused on that and Melo went on to have a great season defensively and in the clutch late in games. He also averaged a career high in assists.

don grahamleone likes this.