1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Cologne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

Haven't heard of Aventus... may have to check it out. I love Bond but the price is steep!

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good cologne for ~$50?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's the one of the latest and greatest from Creed that Creed nuts are going nuts about. :grin:

I have a small decant of it. I have to admit, I like it. I wore some Creed Silver Mountain Water today to a doctor appointment and a nurse commented she liked it. I love that cologne. My next purchase will more than likely be Aventus or Himalaya.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Bond is serious. Best cologne I've ever owned.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Been enjoying samples from Imaginary Authors. Full bottles go for $85 so they are fairly reasonable their strength and staying power they are a bargain. I have samples of Bull's Blood, City on Fire, and Cobra and Canary. The last is my favorite, a blend of tobacco and leather.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

NP, hope you got 25% off or found that code, as they vary which ones are displayed. Also, if you go thru ebates you get an extra 6% cashback.

Too many to list. What kind of season/weather/occasion are you looking to use it in?

Better get on it soon as the Creed prices are steadily rising, even on the grey market :(

Not a huge fan of their line in general, but I do really enjoy Scent of Peace for Him, bondno9.com, and Bleecker St.

Heard a lot about this line but have yet to try any of them.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Year round / all the time but mainly for work.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cologne, Germany.

DD

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

YSL L'Homme or Versace Pour Homme are super safe bets and can be found online for ~$50. If you want to go a little higher, Bleu de Chanel, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, and Terre d'Hermes.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

bump. Anything new here with you guys?

Recently tried the new Xerjoff 1861 - Naxos and it is great stuff... sweet, cinnamon, honeyed tobacco with a hint of fruit. And lasts forever.

Also been wearing Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain a lot, as well as Parfums de Marly Herod. Aventus still probably most frequently worn though.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You again ... :grin:

I've been wearing my Czech and Speake No. 88 a lot lately. It's really strong, though, so I have to dam-near go halfway down on the sprayer for work. I love the drydown more than the top notes. It's really starting to become one of my favorite colognes despite the fact it's 30+ years old. I'm not a huge vetiver fan, but the vetiver/sandalwood combo in this really works for me.

BTW, maybe I missed it, but what did you ever think of Chergui?

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Have yet to try 88, but I did finally get my nose on Chergui when I was at Barneys a few weeks ago. From the Serge Lutens line, that one and Ambre Sultan have gone on the 'to-buy' list. I'd get them now but don't think I'll need them for a few more months due to temps.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Holy crap, almost a year since the last bump! What's new CF Cologne brehs?

Been on a tobacco kick (Tobacco Vanille, Herod, Kilian Back to Black) for a while, but the weather is warming up, so those days are likely over for a few months.

What have you guys been wearing and what are you looking forward to bringing out for Spring/Summer?

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I missed the bus on Creed. Tried it for the first time about a month ago (not sure which one) and it was the most amazing thing I've ever whiffed. A friend gave me a small vile of it and I've been trying to resist using it all. Smells soooo good. So much so, that it makes my wife mad when I put it on. Makes her think that I'm up to no good.

1 person likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Creed is great stuff but so expensive... way out of my price range. I have been switching back and forth between Guerlain Vetiver and Lomani AB Silver (a Creed Aventus Clone).

I am getting more focused on aftershaves... matching the Guerlain Vetiver with Fine Accoutrements Clean Vetiver (renamed Green Vetiver) and Fine Accoutrements Platinum with the AB Silver.

1 person likes this.
  19. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Creed Aventus...I spent years and over 50 different bottles (niche and designer) in search of my holy grail and Creed finally delivered a few years back with Aventus..

To round out my top 4 if anybody cares:

Bond No. 9...Bleecker St.
    By Kilian...Straight to Heaven
    Amouage...Jubilation

No need in searching for anything else after owning these!!

1 person likes this.
  20. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

tom ford..oud wood

1 person likes this.