1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Cologne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

2. Faust

Faust Member

acqua de gio

chanel blue

cool water

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Recently been rotating through Chergui, Memoir Man, Tuscan Leather, and L'Erbolario Meharees

4. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

whats something good, cheap, and not too heavy that can be used everyday

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

God, I hate this thread. :)

My regular rotation lately has been
    Silver Mountain Water
    Declaration D'un Soir
    Santal Majuscule
    Spice Bomb
    Midnight in Paris
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail - Martinique
    Artisan Black

I decided to pull out an old favorite the other day ... Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge. Been a while since I wore that.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

lol Yeah I know, I felt like i wanted to live it up a little bit, so I dropped some major bills at the galleria. It's for SUPER SPECIAL Occasions only though

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Just ordered a bottle of Chergui. Isn't Meharees the Musc Ravageur clone? Don't like MR very much, can't get past the fecal note.

Funny seeing TB Martinique among the others... it's pretty nice and underrated though.

You can get Versace Pour Homme pretty cheap online... big compliment getter and appropriate in any situation.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Any good deals on the smelly stuff right now?

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

anyone got an opinion on l'eau par kenzo indigo? looking for a new fragrance, my buddy who is a cologne aficionado says this is a panty dropper.. havent had the time to go check it somewhere.. anyone use it?

[​IMG]

my go to fragrance right now is tommy bahama st. barts..

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Never mind 35% off perfume mania

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

after reading this. Do you guys not recommend perfume mania? Do they sell old bottles sometimes or something?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Perfumania is fine, they just don't have a great selection and the prices are rarely better than fragrancenet or amazon.

On another note, I finally got the new Dior Homme Parfum (different from Dior Homme Intense). Not released in the US yet, but this one is AWESOME. It's a more masculine Dior Homme/DHI and performance is off the charts. A couple sprays easily lasts the entire day. Strongly recommended to anyone that likes the Dior Homme lineup.

13. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Wore Guerlain's Derby (old formula) to a social event today. The weather was a lot cooler this evening so a leather chypre with oak moss paired well with my attire and the occasion.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I loved Santal Majuscule so much, I decided to order Chergui a few months ago since it always got great reviews. I can't say I'm as impressed by it. I may have to try it again/wear it more.

My nose must be changing because I could hardly smell Midnight in Paris before when I wore it, but I smell it pretty easily now. I also wasn't a huge fan of Armani Code before, but have started to warm up to it.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

FYI: Perfumania also has brick & mortar stores. I usually buy from Fragrancenet but have bought from there in the past.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Anything new here? Been lazy recently, just rotating between Creed's Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, and Original Santal. Got a sample of Taeur's Lu Air Du Desert Marocain and was impressed. Most likely have to get some more of that.

17. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Although it's not a new scent, I've been wearing L'Artisan Perfumeur's Timbuktu lately... a nice little Christmas gift.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nice, anything you can compare it to? Have yet to get into that line, but I've heard a lot about Timbuktu and Tea for Two.

19. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

You're welcome. Thanks me later after them panties drop.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Good one, picked this up about a year ago. Like it a lot, but it's similar to Aventus and Aventus is still king imo.