1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Faried’s Role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, Feb 2, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Deck.. you and I both know that when you think of Mo, think of Australia. Volume up.

The section @1:02 vs the Celtics just gives you an idea of what a monster he was. He carried a **** roster to the NBA Finals against players like Tiny Archibald, ****ing Bird and Maxwell (all pictured but plenty more was on their roster) and he gave us a chance because he was a god amongst the boards. People who think Drexler is anywhere in the conversation for top 3 Rockets of all time have no clue how special Mo was. Only the great Hakeem Olajuwon reaches that center echelon with Moses Malone for me. Moses would have schooled Shaq and yes I mean that. Shaq has nothing on that man in his prime.

topfive, B-Bob, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They already have Jarrett Allen and Ed Davis, who both have been healthy all year. They legitimately had no room in their rotation. I like Faried a lot, but I wouldn't put him in at center over those guys either.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

will he be able to play vs worriers?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn straight and well said. :cool:

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

JB is not a bad looking guy, but, as a head coach, he keeps making this kind of expression:

[​IMG]

Kind of takes away from the visual appeal, no?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

LOL sure...but even good looking people can make expressions (some of them constantly) that take away from the visual appeal...

7. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I cant wait for Capela to come back. I am currently annoyed by the way Faried plays. I havnt seen alot of games he played in. Just the national televised games. But those ones I have seen him play has had me frustrated with him as a fan. This guy seems to cant finish at the rim. Idk how many times I have seen him miss a easy layup or doing a layup when he could of dunked it. I like the energy he plays with but he ain't finishing around the rim and defense ain't great either. I was hoping DJ would be bought out and decide to go play with Green as the home town boys.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Faried's FG% with the Rockets is .625.
    Capela's is .631, basically the same.

.625 would be tied for 18th best FG% in the league this season.

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

what the $%$# are you talking about? The dude is finishing at the rim over 60 percent. what more could you want good god.

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I like Jordan

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

any chance he will be able to stay on the floor in playoffs?
    i think yes but what do i know

12. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Faried is shooting 70% inside 3 feet, no one shoots 100%,which means they will miss some shots inside.

This is either done sort of confirmation bias, a poor sample of games, or unrealistic expectations of a players finishing.

B-Bob, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

His most important weakness, from what I've seen (and considering why we got him), is his interior defense and learning when to switch on the perimeter. We've been seeing quite a bit of that on display, in my opinion, with there seeming to be an open highway in the lane for the opposition far too often. Much of that could be from not having time to learn Coach B's schemes and not enough practices so that he's on the same page with everyone else. I hope so, because that can be fixable.

I love a lot of what Faried is giving us. Guess we'll see how much his defense can improve when the games begin again. I think Capela's return will help. Faried went from playing just under 10mpg in 12 games with Brooklyn to 30mpg over 12 games in Houston. That's quite a jump. A chunk of that with Houston, of course, was at center. Throw in PJ getting worn out playing over 35mpg and Capela can't get here soon enough!

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He has missed like 3 to 4 layups but your right most of time he is finishing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's always been a poor defender, it's a big part of why he has been on the NBA scrap heap. At this point in his career that isn't gonna improve. The only reason he has really helped us is because we had a desperate lack of the 2 skills he brought.

I'm honestly not sure who would be a better backup 5 in the playoffs. Faried is a stronger rebounder and better finisher, Nene commands his space better and has substantially higher defensive awareness. Despite his seemingly substantial agility advantage over most 5's, Faried is not good at staying in front of perimeter players when switched. On paper he should be a perfect backup 5 for a switching defense, but that's not the reality.

Deckard likes this.
  16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It's impossible to run the Michael Jordan high post box set with far"weed". This was a set Phil Jackson ran with Jordan,Shaq, and kobe. Rockets ran it with Dream too!

It's impossible to run this with far"weed" because this is a timing play that take time to develop. Can't run it with far"weed" since we never have the rebounding advantage night-in and night out!

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he still has a role on this team!
    Resign Faried

Rocket River

hakeem94, luckyman76, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

He would bring crazy energy, especially running with Russ.

hakeem94, Rockets Rule and fattz like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

him and Capela should be able to run with Russ

Rocket River

luckyman76, D-rock and Rockets Rule like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Talent aside, I don't know if I've ever seen an NBA player simply out-WORK everyone else to the degree Moses did. The dude never took a play off.