1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I am not ready to admit Nelson Agholor is dead to us yet. Hogan however, yikes.

All the best guys out there said Hogan was Brady's #1. **** happens.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So, my standard (money) league team is 1-3, and the team I am playing is up 53 points (Edelman, Ghost, and Ebron) already with Desean Watson, Gurley, Freeman, Green, Ridley and LAR still to play. So looking at 1-4 in the face. I know projections don't mean much, but projected score is 154 to 126.

Short bench, and Burton is on bye. I need to drop a player to add a TE. After trades failed, plan B was to drop Jones Jr since WRs are plentiful and TEs not. But looking at the big deficit, should I simply drop the DST and play without and take that zero while adding the TE (Hooper/Seals-Jones, or Watson level TE). Should I simply play without the TE? Or should I drop Jones Jr and put up a fight, knowing I will need to replace Jones Jr with another WR (Cole, Westbrook, Godwin Stills, etc on waivers)?

3. NewRoxFan

Trade my Lindsay for his Baldwin or for his Jeffreys? I have Barkley, Gordon, Mixon, Michel and Lindsay. My WRs are JuJu, Cooks, Sanders.

4. mulletman

mulletman Member

I’m in basically the same exact dilemma as you - have Burton, and the only player I’m willing to drop to pick up another TE is Marvin Jones.

At first, I was thinking about just taking a zero at TE, but now I’m leaning towards dropping Burton and picking up either Seals-Jones or Swain. My initial thoughts were that those two are just TD dependent so it’s not worth dropping Burton for them. But cant you say the same for Burton? Aside from that one play against Tampa (I think it was busted coverage) which resulted in a wide open TD and the goal line shovel pass TD against Seattle, he hasnt really done much all year that warrants keeping him over someone like Marvin Jones. I feel like if it wasnt for all the preseason hype he received, I wouldn’t even think twice about dropping Burton for someone else.

If he’s available after waivers next week, I’ll pick him back up. If not, I’ll keep who I pick up his weekend or try for Brate or Hayden Hurst and hope he lives up to the hype.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I still think Burton will get a nice share of scores. Holding on for dear life at TE this year boys.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man, that is tough. I just can't see myself having an intentional zero.

7. NewRoxFan

Agreed.

Thoughts on Lindsay for Baldwin or for Jeffreys?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like Lindsay.

9. NewRoxFan

Me too, but I have Barkley, Gordon, Mixon, Michel and until Bell returns Conner. And I just dropped Jones Jr for a Burton bye sub. So could use a WR2.

The guy will likely bail since he picked up Ajayi off waivers today. May target other WRs like Golladay or Boyd or maybe Cooper.

10. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

u have too many rb1, so trade for a WR1, see if you can get tyreek hill/AJ green/Mike thomas for mixon/michel
    baldwin has a high ceiling but a low floor due to recent injuries, i wouldnt risk yet.
    jeffreys i need to see at least one more week before targeting.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've got a ton of depth at running back in my 12 man league (.5 ppr), but none at WR. The WRs have been productive (I'm currently in 1st place by a big margin), but idk how sustainable their success is. What kind of WR do y'all think I can get for my running backs?

Current Running Backs:
    -Ezekial Elliot
    -Devonta Freeman
    -James White
    -Matt Brieda
    -Austin Ekeler
    -Alfred Morris
    -Nick Chubb

Current Wide Receivers:
    -Tyreek Hill
    -Will Fuller
    -Tyler Lockett
    -Josh Gordon

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

Who would you start? Pick 1 WR and 1 Flex. Thanks!

WRs
    Golladay vs GB
    Marvin Jones vs GB
    Doug Baldwin vs LAR

RBs
    Kerryon Johnson vs GB
    Royce Freeman vs NYJ

13. Mikeylu

prolly kennyG and freeman

mulletman likes this.
  14. Mikeylu

freeman for aj green? can throw in lockett to sweeten it. or maybe can target AB/OBJ as they have been underwhelming thus far. would aim to get a WR1 or high end wr2 ie juju/diggs/thielen

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

thanks

I forgot to add I also have Crowell

16. NewRoxFan

Crawled back from 53 pts down to win (at least my standard team) and had high score this week (and my 2-3 record has the highest score in the league now). Despite getting a zero from Cooks (and Goff losing Cooks and Kupp). I did drop Jones Jr and added Hooper which was a good dart throw. But now I need to get WRs (replace Jones Jr, and maybe Cooks this week).

Approached one the few owners that has made trades (two years ago). Last week discussed a Lindsay for Baldwin trade. This week offered Mixon or Michel to see if I could get Adams or Thielen. he says no... not for one of my "backup RBs". Never mind Mixon is ranked RB7 ROS. Never mind Mixon is ranked 9th overall ROS (Adams 14th, Thielen 33rd... two spots AFTER Michel). Never mind his current RBs are DJ, Breida, Miller, and Ajayi. Heck, Lindsay would start for his team.

I'll approach the Keenan Allen, AJ Green, and Tyreek Hill owners. But trades just don't happen, largely because people overrate their own players, fear getting beat in a trade, and/or only want to completely "win" trades.

So I will keep my "Bank of RBs" (Barkley, Gordon, Conner, Mixon, Michel, Lindsay) if I have to. They may be wasting on my bench, but at least its my bench and not in an opponents starting lineup.

17. NewRoxFan

Did you start Crow?

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

TFW you read a tweet that Davante Adams will start but might be "limited" and then you bench him and he goes off.

Never bench your studs. I fail this every single year.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not that he was that good but Ajayi out for the season

20. NewRoxFan

Next man up is Smallwood.

Which would be the best(standard) WR: to add off waivers: Sanu vs TB, Desean Jackson vs ATL, Westbrrok vs DAL, or Coutee vs BUF?