1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Adams is out sin't he? I'd play Diggs in his place. Other than that the rest of your starters seem good. Good luck!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thanks. Yea Adams will be out.

What if I can pull off Martavius Bryant off waivers......... vs Texans defense.

Would you play him in flex over Dion Lewis?

Do I start Lynch vs Eagles defense? I feel like Oakland has nothing to play for.....

3. NewRoxFan

Agree with idea of starting Agholor. Now that Foles stepped right in and showed he is still the QB of a few years ago, I would start every Eagle this week (in fact, I'm starting Jeffery). The only concern is if PHI sits starters in second half. Good luck!

4. NewRoxFan

I like Bryant against Texans. You could sit Lynch and play Lewis as your RB2.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

I won my semifinal in the Loser Bracket 163-115 (standard, 12 team) so I will play in the Consolation Finals. :p

Here's my roster as of right now:
    QB: Bortles at SF
    RB1: Hunt vs MIA
    RB2: Gordon at NYJ
    WR1: Allen at NYJ
    WR2: Jeffery vs OAK
    FLEX: Westbrook at SF
    TE: Clay at NE
    K: Lutz vs ATL
    DST: DET at CIN

BENCH:
    Cousins (will drop)
    Jordy Nelson (will drop)
    Marquise Goodwin vs JAX
    Peyton Barber (will drop)
    Mike Davis vs DAL

Positions I am unsure about: TE (Clay or Ebron vs CIN or ?) and FLEX. I am targeting Zeke (yea. no chance), Shepard, Wallace, and CJ Anderson. These are the ones I am considering at Flex versus Westbrook. Any of these seem better than Dede? And Ebron or Clay? Thanks!!

6. JTQ

JTQ Member

Mostly cloudy with a high of 24 °F (-4.4 °C) and a low of 8 °F (-13.3 °C).
    5% Precipitation

That is the forecast for Packers v. Vikings, is this a good weather for passing game ? I am worried that playing Thielen/Diggs/Rudolph will come back to bite me in this kind of weather....

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  7. CallMeTheDream

In the championship game...

Case Keenum vs. GB(eerie feeling they give Bridgewater some burn with playoffs basically clinched) or Joe Flacco vs. IND?

Steelers D vs. HOU or Lions D vs. CIN?

Going with 4 rbs this week Gurley and Ingram are locks, McCoy(fighting for playoffs), and Dion Lewis(Burkhead gone) but benching Mixon.

Lastly, I need help choosing 2 out of 4 receivers...Marvin Jones vs. CIN, Cooks vs. BUF, Westbrook vs. SF(don’t like emergence of Keelan Cole and Mickens), and Lockett vs. DAL

Edit: Also with OJ Howard just injured I dropped him for Brate. Have the two options of Brate vs CAR or Clay vs NE. Thing is if I choose Clay I don’t like the idea of having McCoy, Lewis, Cooks, and Clay all in the same game not enough room for production. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

#927 CallMeTheDream, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  8. CallMeTheDream

I don’t think this is a good idea what are your other options?

9. NewRoxFan

Apparently the remaining teams in my league have checked out. Added Zeke so that answers my Flex question. Added Ebron so I will go with him. Added CJA and Wallace just in case. And added LAC for DST.

10. NewRoxFan

I'd think teams and players in the north are pretty used to playing in cold weather. Seems that only high winds above 15mph really effects passing games. Since I am guessing that the game time temperature will be close to the high and not the low... I'd think you'd be OK... but of course, it depends on who your alternatives are.

11. NewRoxFan

I suspect if they go to Bridgewater in the game that MIN will have already have scored a lot so you'd probably be safe. Though I do like Flacco this week.

Both DST choices pretty good. I used DET last week and had a good score. CIN seems to have quit for the season but you don't know, Dalton and AJG may link up and Mixon/Gio may have big games. PIT should crush the texans who are unwatchable at this point, but Hopkins should get his no matter who he plays. Normally I'd go with the team playing against the worst QB so that means PIT, but PIT seems to have lost players on defense and DET seems to get lots of points and Slay may shut down AJG. So go DET.

Had Brate two weeks ago and got nada. He no longer exists for me. Had Clay last week and he had lots of targets and catches (no TDs though). NE defense is pretty tough though. Brate should get looks since TB receivers are hurt. And Winston is supposed to like Brate just like Taylor is supposed to like Clay. So... shudder. Brate. ugh, I said it.

Good luck!!

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

My championship roster is down to two decisions and I’m looking for input. PPR league

Rams @ the jets
    Falcons vs the giants

And the big one. pick 3 from the following (PPR)

Thielen (pretty much a lock)
    Keenan Allen (injury concerns me but must win)
    Aj green (really been disappointing)
    Jordy Nelson (almost useless lately)
    Martavis Bryant (wildcard who’s trending up and with a favorable matchup that could see a blow out)

All help is greatly appreciated.

13. NewRoxFan

I think you mean Charges versus Jets. I am going with Chargers... dropped the Lions to add them.

And your WRs... Allen (he says he is playing... great matchup), Theilen (yup, a lock) and I'd go upside with Bryant now that Brown is out. The Bengals seem to have opened up a can of quit and AJG goes against Slay. Jordy is useless. Good luck!

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I meant chargers lol. Stupid Multiple LA teams.

And yeah I was leaning the same way but was just cautious on Bryant since I literally just claimed him.

None the less I appreciate the input as always

15. NewRoxFan

Any team using Greg Zuerlien, aka Legatron, better quickly check on other kickers. It appears he has a back injury and has been placed on IR. Look on waivers for someone else (Lutz, Prater, Bryant, Bailey, Boswell).

16. NewRoxFan

fyi, Allen was not on today's injury report.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. CallMeTheDream

I picked up rams D this past week in one of my other leagues and it paid off greatly. I’d go with them. With Antonio out you’ve got to go Martavis.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. JTQ

JTQ Member

Just got Rudolph off waiver,
    Also have Doyle (been desperately streaming TE)
    I dropped Olsen for Rodgers last week .. so I couldn't get him off waiver, but low and behold...my final opponent doesn't need a TE so nobody picked Olsen up..
    So I pick Olsen up right after waiver cleared...
    so I guess starting Olsen at TE is a given

I have Julio, Keenan Allen, Crabtree, Diggs and Jordy
    Waiver Wire seemed to be pretty bare after waiver is cleared

Julio and Keenan Allen Is a given
    So it was gonna be between Crabtree (v.Eagles) and Diggs.

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would pick the Rams and Thielen, Keenan, and Martavis Bryant

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I wouldnt start Lynch, he hasnt been good enough to trust in the championship, I would go Dion Lewis and M.Bryant.

RasaqBoi likes this.