1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. theimpossibles1

@moestavern19 et. al.
    Thoughts on this trade... I am weak at WR and have several decent RB (McCoy, T. Coleman, Javorious Allen, Duke Johnson, Jerrick Mckinnon)

Trade would be T. Coleman and J. Mckinnon for Stefon Diggs and Tarik Cohen

#461 theimpossibles1, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably won't result in anything but Alfred Morris was on waivers so I grabbed him. Need a 4th RB, so well see what happens...

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really don't know about the legal status but Mike Clay advised everyone to get Alf Morris. McFadden has been inactive because he does not play special teams.

Others however believe that It isn't out of the realm of possibility that McFadden will get more work than Morris since they like Morris as more of a change of pace but they planned all of the preseason as if McFadden would assume the bulk of the carries.

The point is one of these guys is gonna be valuable for the next 6 weeks so roll the dice on waivers.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats a sweet deal on paper, but Cohen is trending down (I called it earlier in this thread when I said get Kamara instead of Cohen) and may be devalued entirely with Trubisky at QB. Its in the range of outcomes.

I am very bullish on Kamara in PPR. I find him very spicy.

Stefon Diggs is nice. How weak are we talking at receiver?

5. theimpossibles1

I'm really just interested in Diggs, Cohen is a glorified filler.

WR are Michael Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Tyrell Williams. M.Thomas has been great but that's about it

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This is my team. As you can see I'm loaded with receivers but RB2 situation is pretty bad. I have been offered:

L. Blount for C. Hogan.

Hogan is much much better but it's interesting because of roster balance. What do you think?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I say no way. You need a running back but Blount has been bouncing around the waiver wire. Hogan has more value than that.

8. NewRoxFan

I'd say no. For Hogan you should get a better RB.

9. mulletman

mulletman Member

Need some help at WR thanks to injuries (Diggs, Parker). Who would you guys pickup for this week:

Kearse, NYJ vs NE
    Ricardo Louis, CLE vs HOU
    Marvin Jones, DET vs NO
    Tyrell Williams, LAC vs OAK
    Wallace, BAL vs CHI

thanks!

10. NewRoxFan

Jones, then Kearse.

mulletman likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Had Clay, replaced with Reed, then added ASJ when reports Reed wasn't 100%. Who to start, Reed vs SF or ASJ vs NE?

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I can’t tell you who to play. BUT I’m playing a girl used to date this week in fantasy. She has Reed so I am hoping he sucks bad. I hope that helps.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Help me please, who should I left in the bench from these 3, ( I got Dez, Green, and Baldwin on bye)

J. Crowder vs SF
    J. Landry @ATL
    A. Cooper vs LAC

All these 3, hasnt played well, Landry because of Cutler, Crowder he has an injury, and hasnt being targeted much, and Cooper has too many drops.
    Landry could get tons of targets since Parker wont play.

14. NewRoxFan

Sit Landry. MIA is a dumpster fire right now. I read somewhere that WAS wants to get Crowder more into the flow. And SF pass defenmse would be a good place to start. I also have a hunch Cooper starts to get things going.

david_rocket likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Crazy night. Saw the news update on Zeke on my phone. Quickly dropped Morris. Added Matt Breida. Then saw the news report that SF was making and taking calls for Hyde. Would love for that to happen as of Sunday AM, as the team I am playing has Hyde. Hopefully it wasn't all smoke screen or a way to get Hyde fired up...

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thanks!

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

hopefully you went with landry. with parker out, that should of been a pretty easy choice. especially if ppr league

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

fml, Rodgers is done

who should I pick off the waiver wire?
    Andy Dalton
    Jared Goff
    Tyrod Taylor

Also, someone has Deshaun Watson and Tom Brady, I have enough depth that I could probably trade for one of them

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I apologize. Apparently I could not have been more wrong.

20. theimpossibles1

@moestavern19 @NewRoxFan and all...

Friday I made the trade:
    Give
    Jerrick Mckinnon
    Tevin Coleman

Receive
    Stefon Diggs
    Tarik Cohen.

Since Cook went out Mckinnon has now put up 20pts two weeks in a row. I need help at WR so Diggs is great but now I'm not sure I want to lose Mckinnon. The trade processes tomorrow morning and with only 4 votes needed to veto I think I can get that done. What do yall think?

My top RB and WR currently (besides trade guys) are Lesean Mccoy, Javorious Allen, and Duke Johnson/ Michael Thomas and Demaryius Thomas. So it seems like Jerrick would be my RB2 if I kept him, Diggs would be WR2 if I got him. Do yall think these 2 games are more of an aberration or a new normal in Min. Another note, Diggs didn't play this week so that could affect Mckinnons output I think.

EDIT: trade vetoed, my vote was the final needed.

#480 theimpossibles1, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017