1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks... and agree, I am looking at three drop/adds this week. Clay would have been on bye anyway, but had considered using another roster spot to add a second TE. Don't need to now. So using the Crowell gamble spot to re-add Foreman (if possible, else Mack, Breida, or McKinnon). And use the TE spot to add Davis (if possible, else John Brown). Then when the OBJ surgery news allows him to go to IR, I will go after a TE (ASJ/Doyle, Fleener/Griffen/Hooper).

Briefly considered gambling on a trade for Cooper and hope that with Carr's return he may have hit rock bottom. Or maybe Watkins or Pryor.

btw, Hunt's second half (again) and Watson brought me back and ahead to get highest score in the league. Weird thinking I will be benching Kirk Cousins in a game versus the SF defense.

2. hvic

hvic Member

what defense team do you guys think I should pick up for week 6?

3. NewRoxFan

I have and will play BAL again (vs CHI). WAS vs SF, ATL vs MIA, and if Carr is out again, LAC vs OAK.

4. NewRoxFan

No further need to wait... OBJ is having surgery and out for season.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Don't ask me about DEF's because I'm clueless. I dropped JAX defense to pick up HOU defense. More for next week when HOU plays the Browns and I play someone I really want to beat in my league. Regardless I dropped a team that scored 28 points for a DEF that scored 1.

Did the same thing prior when I picked up the Ravens DEF and they had negative points and lost me the week.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Disregard

#426 FLASH21, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. hvic

hvic Member

I have trouble picking out a defense team too and thats why I was asking for help.

8. NewRoxFan

Interesting stats:
    • DEN has only allowed 51 rush yards per game (don't start RBs vs DEN... probably duh).
    • Mariota has a deep ball rate of 23.6% and a completion rate of 53.9% of deep balls (have to add Corey Davis).
    • Since 2013, the first meeting of LAC-OAK averages 63.3 points; the second meeting averages 32.2 points (load up on LAC and OAK players this week).

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

this year sucks.

I've scored either the most points or 2nd most points in my league every week so far and I'm 3-2. I lost by .1 this week.....

10. NewRoxFan

LOL. I am also 3-2. I have 142 more (standard) points than the first place team (4-1). I am hoping it will work itself out over the course of the season (even though I am now without OBJ... but he was out my first two games when I was 2-0 and scored over 150 points both games). Its a long season, and lots of big things can and will happen.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rank these waiver wire pickups please.

Jerick McKinnon
    Marlon Mack
    Wayne Gallman
    Marlon Mack
    Elijah's McGuire

If you could grab 2. Who would u get?

12. NewRoxFan

McKinnon and Mack

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

What is everyone's thoughts on AP's prospects with the Cardinals? I'm desperate for a RB2 and might make a play.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

In 1/2 or full ppr I would still prefer Andre Ellington. I think Peterson may open up games more for Ellington. I suppose it is worth a shot with Peterson in standard though.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have an impossible question to ask. What 3 would you pick out of these 3 running backs?

CJ Anderson
    Jay Ajayi
    Melvin Gordon
    Doug Martin

This is for 1/2 ppr.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Anderson, Gordon, and Martin. I don't trust anyone on the Dolphins. They're such a mess.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ap needs to retire

18. NewRoxFan

Sit Ajayi. Probably gets behind early and a lot, so he will be game scripted out.

19. NewRoxFan

Lost Clay and OBJ, replaced them with Jordan Reed and Corey Davis. But would like to replace my Crowell gamble with a RB with upside and the possibility of playing weeks 9 and 10 (Gordon, Hunt byes). Best on the waivers include Rob Kelley, D'Onta Foreman, Jonathan Stewart, Matt Breida, Dion Lewis. Any advice on which one?

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would you guys trade:

Sending - Leonard Fournette & Randall Cobb
    Receiving - Matt Ryan & Adam Thielen

I'm hamstrung at QB with Mariota out possibly multiple weeks and picking up Big Ben to garner 2 and a half points this past week.

Waiver Wire pickups available are: Goff, Siemian, Dalton (bye), and Brissett among other lower tier QBs.

My other RBs are Gordon, Hunt, and Kamara.