1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Great advice as always moe

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Great minds think alike. I got Gurley at #3 (passed on Julio as I don't trust the Falcons at all this year), and then went WR, WR, RB, WR, RB, QB. I used the last two rounds to get my defense and kicker, which I don't think is even necessary if it's 10 or less teams.

1 person likes this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

pick 2 for week 1. standard scoring.

spencer ware
    langford
    matt jones

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ware and Langford I would go.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that's what i was thinking too. i don't think the skins would give jones a heavy workload coming off that injury.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is there a clutchfans league? If not, we should start one.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah and he sucks.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

thanks for the advice people, Im taking notes in that.

I got RBs
    - David Johnson
    - Terrance west
    - spencer ware
    - arian foster
    - darren sproles

and WRs:
    - ty hilton
    - donte moncrief
    - mike evans
    - emmanuel sanders
    - will fuller

maybe I got covered the WRs more than the RBs, but having the top rated WR is very interesting.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I guess you're saying it's not PPR then

I'd much rather start D Johnson, AP, Hilton, Evans, Sanders...than D Johnson, Foster, A Brown, Hilton, Evans--knowing that if Foster goes down, you have to turn to Ware (assuming Charles is back after a game or 3).

If you're starting a flex in addition to 2 RB/3 WR, then even moreso AP. IMO, you don't have the depth to make that move, unless you follow it up by moving Hilton or Evans for a RB.

1 person likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Advise on the flex (W/R/T) position in a 12 player standard league? I am starting Lamar Miller and Melvin Gordon as RBs and Keenan Allen and Ty Hilton as WRs. My choices for WRT are Locket (vs MIA), Shephard (vs DAL), Wheaton (vs WAS), Allen (vs DET), Ivory (vs GB), or Blount (vs AZ?). I am leaning Lockett or Wheaton. All advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#110 NewRoxFan, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What does not trusting the Falcons this year even mean really? They'll be bad? Being bad is often a good thing for fantasy. Not trusting Julio Jones? That's just... weird.

moestavern19 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting, not sure what that means as far as trust. This is fantasy fball. An elite WR coming off of a 1800 yrd season at only 27 yrs old with a qb who is more than willing to pepper him with targets all game long.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In fantasy terms negative game flow is both a help and a hindrance. Defenses understand the team trailing has to throw. Pass catchers receive more targets, but QBs become less efficient meaning less completions and higher risk for turnovers.

Julio and Antonio Brown are really the only true "volume" WRs in fantasy which makes them the most valuable. Regardless of matchup and game flow they will receive a bulk load of targets.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ok trying to decide on my flex position. Standard rules.

Ryan Mathews vs Cleve - Cleve always sucks but so does Philly and idk how good cleves run defense may or may not be this year but with Philly starting wentz I can see a heavy workload.
    Hurns vs GB - I can see this being a shootout with jax teying to come back late and throwing alot and I also have Robinson starting
    Wheaton vs was - not sure how to value this matchup yet
    K. Benjamin vs den - don't trust him going against Denver's d
    Abdullah vs indy - Indy has crappy run defense but Detroit sucks so are they going to play from behind, limiting touches?

Right now I'm leaning Mathews but any iinput would be appreciated and repped (if I don't have to spread first;looking at you Moe). Thanks in advance.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cleveland's run defense is still suspect. The game flow suggests 20+ touches with Mathews. You won't find a much better opening script with a rookie QB in his first game against a team who may be improved offensively but is still not a good defensive unit. Start Mathews with confidence.

16. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm being offered Charles Sims, Ameer Abdullah and Jordan Matthews for Josh Gordon. I'm torn - thoughts?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

PPR? I kind of like Matthews & Abdullah. But does depth not matter in your league? 10 team?

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

I feel like Sims, Abdullah, AND Matthews is an overpay. Try to get one better player instead of a group like that.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends on if you want to solidify your depth or not. This would be a less risk adverse move, but it also comes with limitations. Neither of those 3 are going to be a top player but all provide solid floors and could turn into solid producers whereas Gordon obviously has a WR1 ceiling.

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

With the 3rd pick, would you go Julio or Gurley? or someone else?