1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Basketball - Keeper League Help.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 3814, Sep 19, 2005.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

hey, i'm in an extremely deep (25 team, 14 man roster) keeper league and basically need help with who i should keep this year. Last year i traded away some top end talent to make a run at the championship - but injuries ended my 2 month stay at 1st place and i plummeted to 7th.

Now i don't have the star talent that i once did (yao, baron, shaq) but i have some young talent that i think i need to rebuild upon. i am basically hoping for a rebuilding year while at the same time staying in the top 10 overall.

I need to choose FOUR keepers out of the six listed:

-Baron Davis
    -Jamal Crawford - hate his game, but will he put up the stats in the crowded NY backcourt?
    -Tyson Chandler - good young big man with potential.
    -Raef Lafrentz - big man who provides rare stats (blocks, 3's, low TO's, good FT%)
    -Andre Iguodala - i think he's a guarantee, just because of his potential and explosiveness.
    -Josh Howard - will he be starting? or Marquis Daniels? He's a great defender with efficient stats.

i really don't know who to keep. Baron and Iguodala are there...but which two should i cut?

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

In a league that deep big men are scarce. If it was a normal 10-12 team leage I'd say keep Baron, Igoudala, Chandler, and Howard. Since this is such a deep league I would probably say switch out Howard with Lafrentz. Getting the 3's he provides from your center position is definitely a plus.

It's basically a coin flip though. How does the rest of your roster look? Do you have any other decent big men so that you could afford to let Lafrentz go?

Pugs

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

there will be other centers available in the draft (which is still a ways from happening)...but none with LaFrentz' almost guaranteed stats. LaFrentz is a top 60 player by averages and really brings a solid boost - if i were to try and aquire a center by other means - i would likely find myself getting a much lesser player.

what about crawford??? he still carries some weight if he gets minutes.

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I've never been a big fan of Crawford, he seems too 1 dimensional to me. After reading what you said it looks like we both agree your choices should be Lafrentz. So...Baron, Chandler, Lafrentz, and Igoudala. I expect a break out year for Chandler after he signed the new contract, if he gets enough playing time...watch out!

Pugs