1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Dec 10, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thought I'd start a new thread in the new forum for all of us fantasy GMs that aren't necessarily in Bob's league. Got a sleeper pick? Want to ask a question about a trade and whether or not to do it? Or compare two players? Do it here.

Guess I can start it offer by telling my two sleeper picks right now: Aaron McKie and Ruben Patterson. Patterson is getting the 30 minutes a game he got last year and starting again, and he usually shoots a high %, rebounds well, scores decent, and gets some steals. If he's playing well, he can get you 13 points/7 rebounds/3 steals on a consistent basis.

McKie is the beneficiary on the Sixers of Snow going down for two months. Look at his last 3 games- 21 points, 10 points/10 rebounds, and then 16 points. Ever since Snow has been out he has gotten over 30 minutes a game. Your league may or may not be deep, so I'm not sure how enticing these guys are for some leagues. However in my league, which has 7 players per team on 29 teams, they have been two of the best free agents around this season. Any sleepers? Trade questions? If anyone else is here that isn't in Bob's league, let's use this as a thread to offer tips and the likewise to other gamers.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Since I grabbed him from the waiver wire, I will share another sleeper.

Corey Maggette

He is getting the minutes now and is producing. It took him awhile to get into the rotation. He will be starting soon.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

3. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

yeah, i drafted Maggette and he was dissapointing me, but now he's finally starting to produce...i'm glad that he's producing 'cuz i could you use him along w/ some other players as trade bait now...i need a solid point guard w/ a good assist/turnover ratio...who should i try to trade for???

------------------

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

yeah i drafted him and then cut him, my bad

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Sam Cassell

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

6. The Cat

Don't forget about Nick Van Exel... he has 8.6 assists and only 1.9 turnovers. Almost a 4.5 to 1 assist/TO ratio.

------------------

ClutchTown.com

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

Im in a Sandbox league. Check out this money team.

Radoslav Nesterovic -13
    Garnett -1, Malone -3, Davis, Forston, Googs.
    Marion-1, Odom-2.
    Kobe-1, Penny HArdaway.
    Baron Davis-3, Stockton.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Van Exel isn't a sleeper.. he's a well-known high-quality point guard.

Danny Fortson was a kick-ass sleeper before he got hurt.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

9. Summer Song Giver

I made this offer in one of my leagues

I trade Shaq for Garnett and Van Exel

It's a rotiserre league and I'm dead last in freethrow percentage and three point shooting so this trade could help in both areas but am I getting robbed if I make this trade?

------------------
    The National Basketball Association obviously revolves directly around Bob Finn's Fantasy Basketball League!

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Who would be your center if you traded Shaq?

I proposed this one: Brian Grant, Steve Nash, Peja Stojokovich and Vlade Divac for Shaq.

The person has yet to respond.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

11. Summer Song Giver

Ilgauskus and Dream,Jermaine O'neal can also play some center if one of the other two go down.It seems like every Deal I've seen involving Shaq the person trading Shaq usually comes out better than what I'm getting.With Shaq one thing is certain I'll keep taking that one point out of a possible 12 for Freethrow percentage.

------------------
    The National Basketball Association obviously revolves directly around Bob Finn's Fantasy Basketball League!

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

okay, I have a question.

at pg I have Eddie Jones and Cat.

A. Hardaway or Dickerson are available if I want to give up Cat. Should I do it?

------------------
    snap crackle pop

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited December 11, 2000).]

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Dickerson has been a bit slow getting back, and Hardaway's status is still up in the air with his injury as well as his assault charges. I would steer clear for now.

I am in the Yahoo league. My team consists of:
    G. Payton
    N. Van Exel
    Reggie Miller
    Jim Jackson
    Ron Mercer
    Rashard Lewis
    Shawn Marion
    Austin Croshere
    Grant Hill (picked him up two weeks ago injured...he he he!)
    Rasheed Wallace
    Antonio Davis
    Tony Battie

I just had a trade accepted. I traded Ron Mercer and Croshere for Glenn Robinson. I was stacked at the guard spots and the forward spots, so I decided to get rid of two solid contributors for one putting up great numbers.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited December 11, 2000).]

14. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

hey...would this be a good deal for me???

i offered DELK/GATLING/MAGGETTE for STOCKTON/BULLARD <--i just need a Rocket on my squad [​IMG]

i would lose some scoring, but it would really help my assist/turnover ratio...what do ya guys think???

just in case u might need to know the rest of my squad to tell whether or not it's a good deal:

pf- b.grant/caffey
    f/g- vince, mcgrady, r.lewis
    utility- marion
    sg- houston/maggette/h.davis
    pg- atkins/delk
    c- j.o'neal/gatling
    IL- fortson

------------------

15. The Cat

I was referring to the question about a PG with a good assist/ TO ratio. When Penny comes back, I'd drop Cat for him if FG % weighs a lot. Penny is about the best SG in the league in terms of shooting %, and he's also well rounded in rebounds and assists. If you can get him right before he comes back, or afford to wait a couple of weeks, I'd take him.

------------------

ClutchTown.com

16. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I grabbed Baron Davis and Bo Outlaw off the waiver wire and they have really helped one of my squads. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited December 12, 2000).]

17. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Definitely pick up Hardaway instead of Cat. Remember that Penny should be fully healed by now and should start producing almost right away. He's also worth it in the long run as well. He's great when it comes to FG% and scores quite a bit as well. He also provides a decent number of boards and assists.

He should be back late this month, so pick him up. I made the mistake to wait a while before picking up a certain player, and I lost him to another.

Antawn Jamison is also a great player at the moment. He has really produced since Fortson's injury.
    Baron Davis has truly been a revelation. He produces in almost all categories and is always solid.
    Keith Van Horn should be back soon, so pick him up.
    Remember to pay attention to Mitch Richmond. If he's still out there, remember to pick him up before the month is over.
    Ron Mercer has really sucked when it comes to FG%, but is great in terms of scoring, rebounding, and assits (for a SG anyway).
    If Jason Terry is still there, PICK HIM UP. He is blowing up now and has become a great scorer for the Hawks. He just had a 38 point game. Don't expect his production to go down much.
    Kenyon Martin is also starting to emerge. Quentin Richardson is good, but not too consistent.
    Kenny Anderson just came off the injured list, just in case someone dropped him.

------------------
    Nederland 2002

Rocketman95 on board. Check out his latest game recaps.