1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fan story: Red Rowdies save me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Oct 25, 2014.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So I will try to keep it short for those of you who TL;DR.

[​IMG]

Good job Rowdies!

I went to the game with my girlfriend last night and the woman at the ticket counter told us the only seats left (in my price range) were near the rowdies. Me being a fan of the Rockets, and of the Rowdies, I said sure, it'll be fun to be near them.

The next part I never imagined...

The ticket woman did not tell us that the seats were right BEHIND the rowdies. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, and I'd join in. But because I had my girlfriend there, we needed to be seated (she can't stand for that long without serious back pain). This was impossible because the rowdies always stand.

That was when their coordinator came over after seeing the confused and upset face on my girlfriend's face and me sitting their contemplating what to do. He saved the day and personally took us by guest/ticket services. We were taken to similar seats that were not behind the rowdies, and everything was fixed because of his actions. I doubt that things would have gone so well without him with us. That's because...

... dramatic pause...

The Rockets ticket office gave us a hard time, even with the Rowdies leader there helping us fix the problem. Without him there, I don't know if they would have resolved the problem.

The person behind the counter kept asking us if we knew we'd be seated behind them, as if we had no reason to be unhappy. We were never once informed that we'd be behind the Rowdies and that it was a standing situation. Why would we buy them in the first place?

Then they had the audacity to try and charge us more money to be moved to seats that were not behind the rowdies. It was only until I was frustrated enough by their badgering, and I asked for my money back, they upgraded us to comparable seats that were $20 more.

... yes, $20 more...

So for a whopping $20 bucks you pissed off a lifelong fan. Good job ticket office. Simply stunning.

Overall:

Thank you Red Rowdies! And thank you Eric Martin.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't get this problem sitting in the 400s.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Your $20 would have gone to that third star. Now Les is $20 short and we won't get Goran Dragic. Good job!

1 person likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I was tempted to ask if my money would go toward a third star lol

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Rowdies should be in the same section but last 10 rows. Never understood why the sell tickets to people behind them, that's not right.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We had an opposite experience with the staff last night. My wife had a foot operation and when the staff noticed her struggle they voulenteered to go for us, ( ask em and it's a good idea to get there earlier so there's less going on)

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I've been tired of the Red rowdies for a few years now. It was nice and fun the first 2 years when JVG started it but now it's annoying, simply because I'm sure OPs situation happens more often I'm sure. And tbh I really don't think they make a difference during games but whatever.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are the only one's making noise. Yes, they make a difference.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lol, dang I didn't even know their was seats behind the rowdies. I bet that sucks lol.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They make a difference. They lead and start chants. They do good work. Don't hate.

1 person likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What's wrong with sitting behind them?

1 person likes this.
  12. Iamshawnstay

Iamshawnstay Member

Red rowdies are there to cheer and motivate the players and improve crowd ambiance ....ha....might as well stay home if you wanna lay on your back or sit and not cheer the whole game :). Its not a library or a sleep study clinic. But what do I know....i don't like to stand much myself.

1 person likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have to stand so you aren't sitting. Not everyone can/wants to stand the entire time. Especially people with back pains who need to sit.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't mind cheering or standing. And I never complained about them cheering or their standing. I do mind not being told the seats would require us to stand when the person with my clearly can't stand that long because of health reasons.

15. Iamshawnstay

Iamshawnstay Member

Yea I completely understand. ...that comment wasn't directed towards you. I sit with them sometimes because I know a lot of them but I'm more of a sit and watch the game guy honestly.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are right, they don't make a difference really.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I hope the gf had a good time; and that her pain is short lived.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah, she had a blast after she got done being mad at me

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I wish people would stand in the club seats. A couple times last season I would yell and pump by fists and taunt players and old people would give the stink eye while looking at social media on their iphone the whole game. Ridiculous.

20. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

As a former red rowdie, i actually agree with you.