1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 11, 2017.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Honestly, even as a Cowboys fan, I can recognize this was an impossible situation for the NFL. There are pictures, there are stories, they know that those two were staying together. They can't prove that Elliot caused those bruises, but they can't prove he didn't either.

They did follow through with every single claim Elliot made. His camp claimed she may have got her bruises from hitting tables during her waitressing job, they talked to people that worked with her seeing if anyone ever saw it happen, they didnt. His camp claimed her bruises may have come from a fight she was involved in, they spoke with witnesses of the fight, they said neither person landed a punch.

They did some serious investigating on this one, and the only conclusion they could come up with is that he did it.

Now, there is NO WAY to know that for sure at this point, but I do know that domestic violence is completely unacceptable. And I would hope that if it ever was proven that an NFL player hit a woman, their punishment would be a lot worse than 6 games.

The fact of the matter is, the NFL handled this a hell of a lot better than the previous domestic violence cases (aka Ray Rice and Josh Brown). And if this suspension somehow prevents another player from doing it, then it was well worth it.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

when did they implement the 6 game suspension policy? i'm guessing it was this year? just trying to see who's been affected by it so far. i know josh brown was involved in a case last year but nothing really happened to him?

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No there is not. Prove any portion of your statement. You can't.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. crash5179

I'll just leave this here.
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure you are proving the "I get that Cowboys homers will want to pretend he's innocent, but....well that's just homerism. He could have literally murdered someone live on television and those same Cowboys homers would be pretending he was innocent." part right now.

Uprising likes this.
  7. crash5179

They also say in the same letter that they interviewed the woman from the valentines day incident and will not be punishing him in relation to that incident.

Interpretation - The woman told them they were having fun and she had no issue with Zeke pulling her top down.

The NFL referenced that incident to try to create a mythological pattern but the interview with the woman did not give them the ammo they needed to add additional punishment.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not accurate, they said that they won't be punishing him separately from this, instead they rolled it in together. In fact, that incident is part of why they suspended him in that it helped show a pattern of unacceptable behavior by him.

Again, I expect ridiculous homerism but you've gotta do a better job.

9. crash5179

So you either can't read, are refusing to read or lack the ability to understand what it is you are reading. I just posted evidence that was distributed by Columbus Ohio’s prosecutor’s office, not a bunch of hyperbole from a letter that provides zero evidence.

"I get that haters will want to pretend he's guilty regardless of evidence to the contrary or any charges levied by the Columbus Ohio’s prosecutor’s office, but...well thats just hating. He could literally have documented proof that she was trying to set him up (oh wait he does have that) and you would still pretend he is guilty without one shred of evidence to the contrary."

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, homers will be homers.

11. crash5179

12. crash5179

LOL haters will be haters

By the way, please present any evidence to support Zeke is guilty of assaulting Tiffany Thompson and we can compare that with what I posted.

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The NFL hates ewoks.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The NFL already did kiddo, and they considered the stuff that Zeke's people brought up.....still concluded that there was sufficient evidence that he did it. Look, no one expects Cowboys homers to be able to admit to themselves that this was completely justified but you do Cowboys homers a disservice when you go into full blown denial mode.

15. crash5179

The NFL has not posted any evidence that Zeke committed any crime. They posted a letter with their opinions and a ruling but they certainly did "NOT" post any evidence.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They don't have to "post" the evidence, the point is that they did a thorough investigation and weighed all the evidence that exists and found your boy guilty. It's okay you can pretend that she hurt herself and that he did no wrong....problem is that your opinion as a homer is pretty invalid.

17. crash5179

So what your saying is that you haven't seen and the NFL hasn't produced any evidence to support the claim that Zeke committed a crime. Thats ok you can pretend Zeke hurt her even though there has not been any evidence presented to support that claim and there are sworn affidavits that I posted and released by the Columbus Ohio Prosecutors office that support Zeke. The problem is your opinion as a hater is without a doubt invalid.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen the pictures, heard the stories, and the NFL has vetted them and concluded that he did it.

I know, it's all one big conspiracy theory and that every non Cowboys homer is a "hater"....SMH

Anyway, enjoy your team during his suspension.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This page keeps trying to download some .swf file. 0_ltaz5218.swf

As for the topic.

[​IMG]

20. crash5179

There are no pictures that support the "theory" that Zeke assaulted Tiffany Thompson. I know, its all one big conspericy theory that there is evidence that includes tweets and affidavits to support Zeke. I'm guessing its even a bigger conspiracy theory that you know of all this evidence and yet the Columbus Ohio Prosecutors Office decided if wasn't enough to supported charging Zeke with a crime... SMH.