1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Michael Jordan jokes 6 titles more impressive than James Harden, Russ Westbrook streaks | NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

MJ is right and the comparison is not even close. Not even remotely. Just so I get it, the comparison is MJ's 6 titles vs. Harden and Russel's 2018-2019 performances? Come on people?! What comparison? Six titles is far, far superior to anything one player does in one year. Isn't that self-evident?

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Its just you. Its actually, if you ask me, a subtle insecurity of most Rockets fans who know they don't win two championships if MJ remains in the league. In any event, he was extremely gracious in that interview. Listen to it again. He says he is proud of what these guys are doing and thinks it is great for the league. Then, when asked an utterly brainless question about whether 6 titles compares with what two players have done in one season, he answers as most would: there is no comparison. Where is the insecurity? Where is the arrogance. Give the man his props.

3. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Would you please quote the part where he tears down their accomplishments? He says he is "proud" of them. You have to give him a pass on his somewhat sarcastic answer as to whether his 6 titles is overshadowed by Harden's and Russ's accomplishments this year. The question is ridiculous.

sirbaihu likes this.
  4. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

You are right. This is incredibly dumb.

Just curious: which would you prefer to see as a fan of the Rockets: them winning 6 titles over the next 8 years, or one player averaging a triple double for one season?

deb4rockets and IvanLCPM like this.
  5. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Excellent post. I would only revise your opening line: Rarity does not equal harder.

Riz likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

More like ESPN throwing shade. Their reporter asked a question for a click bait title.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's not at all self-evident.
    If you measure accomplishments by number of rings, then Robert Horry is more accomplished than MJ. Don't you agree?

8. Fantasma Negro

IvanLCPM likes this.
  9. YaoMingsSoulja

He's competitive. That's all. Nothing to see here. Move along people.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Again, 11 championships or 8 championships are more significant than 6. What is so special about 6? It's pretty vague.

sirbaihu likes this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you asking me which is better or which is rarer?

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

If you could hand check the warriors like they did back in the day then you can kiss all those threes goodbye. Curry and punk ass Durant would be broken down within the first 20 games. They couldn't deal with the physicality of the old NBA. Just imagine how good the old Bulls would be or the Championship Rockets teams if they played in todays NBA rules. Dream would average 50 a game. Either way Warriors would not be half the team they are without these soft rules.

13. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Do you think Robert Horry is more accomplished than MJ?

I would agree if Robert Horry meant to his team what MJ meant to the Bulls during their run. If Horry contributed to the rings in the same way Jordan did. But he didn't. So I am not measuring accomplishments merely by the number of rings. Number of championships + the impact a player made on his team's success, however, certainly is one way to measure accomplishments.

And just so we are clear - you are answering the question of this thread by saying it is not self evident that Jordan's championships, of of which he was the chief engineer, leader, and MVP of the league, are more impressive than Harden and Russell's 2019 seasons? Wow. Please make the case that what Harden has done outweighs or is more impressive than what Jordan did? And please explain in your answer why, in that case, anyone here cares about the Rockets winning a championship, since Harden's single season records and accolades are more impressive than a team championship in a team sport. Blown away by this board.

14. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

I don't know where *rarity* came from as a measure of impressiveness. Remember, the question of the thread is which is more impressive.

So lets go with that word: Would you be more impressed by Harden leading the Rockets to 6 titles in the next 8 years, or with Harden scoring 30 points or more for the rest of the 2019 season.

Quit trippin', man. The answer is obvious. Give me THE ANSWER and lets go root for OUR TEAM.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course the championships mean more than anything else. That is the biggest accomplishment for any team. That is the dream of any player and fan. If individual stats mean more, then I say "Don't let the door hit you on your way out".

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

It's significant here because it's MJ saying it. If it was Bill Russell, he would say it like he did at the awards ceremony where he would kick all the center's ass that presented him his award. It's just playful trash talk.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I already explained: MJ is tied for tenth in ring count. Robert Horry has more rings. Am I more impressed by Horry than MJ? No.

Shumpert has more rings than Harden. Who impresses you more?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horry has the rings
    Harden has legendary stats

MJ has both.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's not the question though, is it?