1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Michael Jordan jokes 6 titles more impressive than James Harden, Russ Westbrook streaks | NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Feb 12, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But has Robert started or played heavy minutes for all his championship teams though?

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What are the odds he gets 6 FMVPs ??

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The funniest thing is most posters who are propping Russy's tri-dubs right now were brutally downplaying them when he won MVP.

Who cares about stupid tri-dubs ??? - '17
    Whoa, tri-dubs are so awesomes !!! - right now

LMAO

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As always, my response to this is "Who gives a ****?" I don't watch Harden ball out of his mind for validation from the media or former greats. Petty or not, it makes no difference. He could have said Harden or WB and it would still make no difference.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What he's really saying is, 'Scoreboard, b****es'

And he's right. Championships trump individual records in a competitive context.

But, he could have framed this whole thing better to not come off looking like an insecure ass.

6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden needs to get champion this year to earn respect

RyanB likes this.
  7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

yep, both harden and russ have a long way to go, regular season is regular season, basketball is a team sport and will always be a team sport, when sb wins a championship, the whole team plus the supporting personnel are all part of it, if u don't have a good medical staff or training staff, u can't keep players healthy, u can get 10 mjs on your team and still won nothing, i mean ultimately the most important thing to win are the players and if u put mj with a bunch of G-leaguers, he probably would win nothing as well

RyanB likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't be salty folks.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

That's fine. That's the player's opinion. Take it out on the court. Make it take it! =P Geriatric ball at it's best.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well that's the irony. The reason six is the standard is because that was insane for the era. More equivalent to Russell getting 11. BUT IN THIS ERA you literally need to field an entire starting 5 of All-Stars to contend. No disrespect to Jordan, who was undeniably a top 2 or 3 player in league history; but Jordan wouldn't be winning any more championships than Harden or Westbrook in this era in my opinion. Not unless he were on the Warriors.

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  12. BleedsRocketRed

So many triggered posters here and so much salt thrown by them. Young millennials at their finest.

Dude is right, and he's the greatest of all time. One of the greatest of any sport as well.

Lick your wounds and move on. James Harden, for all the greatness we are witnessing cant lick his jock strap at the moment. Get real guys.

The ONLY player who could consistently beat him during his prime was the GREAT HAKEEM OLAJUWON. A 2-time NBA CHAMPION.

Move along snowflakes....

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Question is impossible to answer but I believe he would definitely win at least two or three. He was too driven not to. That’s why he’s the GOAT.

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

That’s low man.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Not hard to figure out here. Talking about individuals and their stats because it lives up to one of the few people that can claim his "GOAT" title without much backlash, if any. Harden and Westbrook are doing Wilt things. Wilt might be better than Jordan....so...Harden and Westbrook might be doing things that just, maybe, possibly, in some way put them on his level as an individual.

So?

He goes to the team/ring argument for safety. He doesn't have to acknowledge them or by extension Wilt or by some weird way, that he might be the most clear cut greatest player of all time ever blahblahblah...

Who's better? ME REMEMBER ME IT"S ME GUYS MEMEMEME the story of the narcissistic opera singer MEMEMEMEMEEEEEEE

And the whole Russell's 11 and Wilt's billion points thing asterisk because it's from a different era....can't work both ways. Either Wilt was so great 65 years later he's still on top AND Russell's 11 are 1:1 orrrrrrr......Wilt was just taller and Russell just had better teammates. So which is it? My 6 are better and these guys are destroying individual stats, including mine. Or those 11 are clearly 5 more than 6 and I'm better than Wilt? Wait I'm lost.

**** Jordan.

16. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Pretty sure this was just a way for him to not have to answer directly and thus slight either man's achievement to the media, yet also cracking a joke and showing you how meaningless those kinda stats should actually be in comparison to championships...ya'll just like this era, too sensitive.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Playing under the old rules, easily. Playing with the teams with Rodman, easily under new rules. Playing with the teams with Grant, still likely under new rules.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Magic with Shaq/Penny would destroy GS. And I could list other teams that beat them under the old rules. The Pistons would be fine under the new rules too. No hand check or hard fouls on Isiah Thomas? Good luck with that....

19. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Just because nobody has ever done that does it mean it's difficult? I don't see it that way. I bet no one's ever done 17 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 behind the back pass to a lob and an impersonation of Daryl Morey in exactly 29:13 minutes. It doesn't mean it's hard to achieve, it's just that nobody focus on that. Players (mostly) focus on winning games and championships. These triple-doubles are arbitrary numbers that don't lead to anything by themselves. Getting 6 rings is much more difficult. I don't see how this is even an argument.

20. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Didn't know the guy became a pastor! LOL

What a legend. Used to get him as a free agent in Championship Manager 01/02.

Fantasma Negro likes this.