1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] 'There's too much damn turmoil': An unsettling vibe surrounds these Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2019.

1. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

click click click... all these "rumor reports" care about.

lw17 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The chemistry between them this season just never developed .

Paul just missed too many games early on maybe ? Maybe James 35ppg style was going too well when CP3 came back ?

We were never close to as dominant this year as last . We got off to a slow start from the get go and never got back to our earlier level . Losing Luc and Ariza and good Ryan hurt .

Bottom line , everyone outside of James needs to play better. The roster needs to get better . The coach needs to get better (more versatile )

We're ****ed . But I'm kinda curious how this dumpster fire will play out . Other posters has alluded to it , they are gonna lull us to sleep by having a solid regular season ... then if we haven't fixed these chemistry issues ... it's gonna be a quick exit

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Curry said it was HARDEN who didn't like to ISO and wanted more movement. That appears to be a lie. Harden is fine ISOing while everyone watches and doesn't think he should also have to move around.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a virgo and he doesn't want to be bossed around or 'taught' by any player.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

As old as Ariza is, I think we need to bring him back. He is the veteran calming voice that was needed all season long. I had a hunch this whole season that something was missing with this team, and without a doubt it was Ariza's leadership. I just didn't know what it was at that time.

clutchdabear, amaru, lw17 and 2 others like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That appear to be a lie based off of this reporting ?

Cmon man , you can't trust this .

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It really hurts my heart, but Ariza was that player that didn't necessarily talk to Harden in a basketball sense. Ariza knows who Harden is and he understands how immovable Harden is as a basketball player; Harden is going to do what he wants, no amount of talking is going to coerce Harden into doing anything.

Ariza knew it was up to him to do things on court that didn't require congress with Harden. I don't know how many times we saw Ariza, who isn't a flame thrower, just start launching threes in low energy moments. Ariza would just start throwing himself at the goal on offense and defense to lift energy.

The clip where CP3 is yelling at Harden to do something and Harden yells back and you see Ariza give CP3 a look like, "don't bother" looms large now. Ariza knew.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Exactly. I know I and many others on here have said it repeatedly. It's put up or shut up time for Tilman with regard to spending on this roster. Especially with the Warriors' dynasty crumbling so quickly. If he nickel and dimes his way through next season and the Rockets come up short in what could be their last real shot at a title(barring a miracle trade that unloads CP3's contract), then I'm done with this organization as long as he's owner.

So let's see what he does.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

for sure. if that happens, there's no disputing or anyway around it

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not just this reporting. Many reports and rumors dating back years. Harden is not about that life. We all have to come to terms with it. Harden is not going to do what he doesn't want to do.

houston19519 likes this.
  11. jwayne

jwayne Member

Too many folks are buying in to the media noise. No telling what the truth is.

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This Team didn't blow up. Alot of this is media perputuated. Too much turmoil?

Please...this is the closest we been in a long time. Of course people/media who have their own agenda want to sway superstars to their team and would love to have our pieces for discount.

Dont buy the wolf ticket.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I guess James "wants " to play defense then.

I just can't reconcile this idea that harden is a selfish , stubborn black hole .... when he has improved so much on defense over the last few years AND he's always willing to make the right pass .

It just doesn't compute .

14. Nook

Nook Member

That is the other side of a classic dominant player. No one told Magic Johnson (shut the **** up and give me the ball), Michael Jordan (who the hell are you?), Larry Bird (You will learn), Hakeem Olajuwon (No one said anything to Dream), Kobe Bryant (shut up and rebound), Shaq or Wilt Chamberlein what to do.

The same thing that makes them great and accomplished, is what makes them very difficult......... Westbrook and Durant are the same way, Leonard as well...... They believe they know what is best, and that confidence is a plus and a minus.

The one caveat I will give Harden (really any of them), they WILL change but they have to decide to.... ie Harden defensively, Kobe with screeners.

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sounds like Harden is hardheaded.

16. Raven

Raven Member

So who's had the worse off season, the Texans or Rockets?

17. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't a stubborn black hole, he is an extremely unselfish player a lot of the time........ however he is stubborn and he isn't going to do anything unless he really believes in it.

amaru, steddinotayto and DreamShook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I think everyone expected the Texans to screw up, we just didn't know how.

The off season for the Rockets has just started, they can still fix it, but at a minimum the owner is going through growing pains.

Stormy1234, Deuce, Matt78777 and 2 others like this.
  19. arubato

arubato Member

Media wants to blow this team up because this current Rockets team will destroy Bron and AD.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This right here. it's really hard to explain that a player that is a whole team needs to do more or something else.

Stormy1234, Nook, Denovo and 2 others like this.