1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] 'There's too much damn turmoil': An unsettling vibe surrounds these Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...style-created-tension-between-players.270321/

While players tried to keep details of the meeting private, two themes emerged, three people told USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation. Harden's play and aloofness have frustrated teammates, and McHale took the brunt of the blame for the team's play. Practices were not resulting in improved play in games.

McGrady: CP3 wanted more movement out of James Harden. Harden didn't budge.

Chris Paul, James Harden argued about Rockets’ offensive style

I know, I know...

Dwight is a loser, team cancer & been on 10 teams the last 10 years
    Tracy is a loser, what does he know about winning?
    Chris is a loser, never won anything in LA, feuded with Blake & DeAndre
    Kevin McHale & JB Bickerstaff are losers who have no business coaching in the NBA
    Austin Rivers is a loser who is only in the NBA because of his father

All losers who should just appreciate they got to play/coach Harden and would otherwise be irrelevant!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it is sad that Paul was an iso-beast in 2018 and is iso-beat in 2019. (and 20-21-22)

amaru, HP3, harold bingo and 3 others like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This. I might look like a Harden apologist to some on here but I wouldn't mind having a coach who applies more discipline to this team, specifically James. We need someone that holds Harden accountable for bad habits that still exists. Nothing wrong with that. It should help make Harden even better than he is right now.

amaru and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My new sig JR. Straight facts.

5. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Wait what? Is the writer just throwing out nonsense or was Harden being shopped?

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  6. Mr Chuck Norris

A lot of the Rockets’ problems seem to be caused by the fact that Chris Paul is no longer as good at basketball as he thinks he is

7. TheSource

TheSource Member

What an absolute mess.

lw17 likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

James gets the blame as the best player , but the idea that he won't play off-ball is ridiculous

We couldn't use him effectively off ball because we spent the entire season practicing with the ball in his hands .

Whats more likely ?
    1) we work on sets where harden is off ball all the time in practice so we can bust them out when necessary

2) no one has any idea what to do when James or Chris isn't iso'ing and guys can just stay in their spot and wait for a pass

The whole team stays put off ball . It's the entire system .

I've said this many times . James CAN and WILL play off-ball , he just has to be asked .

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I SAID there was gonna be fireworks, and you boys just laughed
    -tad brown

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

the funniest thing about it is the same people will tell you that James Harden is a winner lol. Put healthy 04-05 McGrady into last years Rockets with CP Ariza Tucker and Capela with EG off the bench and just watch how this loser performs on BOTH ends

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sounds like CP3 did ask

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I dunno dude. His demeanor off the ball such as slow walking up the court or staying near the half court line for an entire possesions suggests he does it out of conserving stamina rather than being asked to play that way by the coach.

lw17 likes this.
  13. gotsis

gotsis Member

Great article. Really touches base on lots of the franchises issues.

Some interesting tidbits:

1. Bzdelik leaving last year because he didn't feel respected;

2. Harden ignoring Cp3's coaching and asking for more ball movement. The fact Pauls enjoys playing without Harden could corroborate the rumors he wants out;

3. Flat out stating House looked horrible in the playoffs;

4. Feritta getting defensive when people mention he is cheap.

In all, it's going to be a big challenge to get things right this offseason. Tension is there, hope they work it out because our window is quickly closing.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well maybe the coach had to ask .

If CP3 asks James in the heat of the game to start playing off ball and James asks MDA "hey coach what do I do?"

MDA's response is , "either you have the ball and everyone else gets out of the way or CP3 has the ball and everyone else gets out of the way while y'all make plays."

Hard to play an active off-ball when your play is "give the ball to playmaker and let them create"

I just think the idea that James is such a little child that he pouts when things don't go his way is laughable .

If anyone wants an example of harden growing his game and doing the dirty work just look at his defensive improvement . Harden is not the problem

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Could tell this was going to blow up when Chris Paul was waving off Harden in the playoffs.

Stormy1234 and lw17 like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have no doubt in my mind that Chris Paul is/can be super annoying, and i can understand James being annoyed when a player that has less career results than him gets in his face or calls him out, but this is where he needs to grow, accept the challenge and use this situation to get even better, do not turn your back and let this end like with Dwight (who was a lost cause btw).

Stormy1234 and HP3 like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe had CP3 been able to score / create in isolation this year , waving James off wouldn't be a big deal . But CP3 was turning the ball over left and right and wasn't able to score either (first 5 games)

He didn't show up in the first half of game 6 either .

Stormy1234 and Denovo like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was the first time he'd done it all season, and it never went well. It was so weird to watch, and showed that the pairing's chemistry was not gonna be there for much longer.

19. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

So seems like Curry was right all along during all star break when that video leaked about James Harden style of play and teammates not liking it...

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it's the opposite: CP3 definitely knows where his status is as a player (lightly washed) so he tried to conscript Harden, who is already the whole team, to help out even more to make up for what he lacked in ability. Harden, to my dismay, seems to be an "I shouldn't have to do that too" player and wasn't having any of CP3's on court coaching.

This is not a great trait form your best player. And pretty surprising form a player in Harden who loves to play basketball and never wants to sit out.

#60 DreamShook, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Little Bit likes this.