1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] (4)Cleveland vs. (5)Indiana

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Cleveland vs. (5)Indiana

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Cavs in 4

8.1%
  2. Cavs in 5

24.3%
  3. Cavs in 6

45.9%
  4. Cavs in 7

8.1%
  5. Pacers in 7

8.1%
  6. Pacers in 6

5.4%
  7. Pacers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pacers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

The Pacers aren't chopped liver though. I think
    Nance is ok. He can only do so much scoring as an energy big. Clarkson and Hood have been a dumpster fire though. Jeff Green too although we already knew that.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

LeExit Begins.

Cavs should've traded for Melo so there would be someone to blame this on.

JR Smith bricking shots is old news. He should've been traded or released long time ago.

macho GRANDE and juanm34 like this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if LBJ doesn't come to Houston, would love to see him with Philly

Williamson likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I can see LB J in Philly next year.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think they're garbage. I like Victor Oladipo but a Victor Oladipo led team should NOT be able to beat a team led by Lebron. If they do knock the Cavs out, it's just shameful and speaks a lot to how important Kyrie was to that team.

everyday eddie, hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i agree with YOLO that it would've been next to impossible, i still wanted to see something like that. just lob it to lebron, hope the defender is too afraid of a foul and stays back and hope lebron does something amazing. i mean he's still probably missing because it would be a crazy shot, but better than a 40 footer. actually my vote is lebron actually moves and just bumrushes up to 30 feet and gives jr a better target, but then it would be a 30 foot turnaround. still somehow seems better than what happened.

either way, kind of pathetic that cleveland was only in it because lebron was just flinging up 3's for the last 4 minutes and making them. i swear on the one that made it a 4 point game where lebron went into the backcourt to get it, that when thaddeus young tipped the pass lebron for a split second was just going to pull a "you guys suck so i'm not trying" and quit and watch young dunk the ball, but the ball basically went to lebron so he just reluctantly went and got it and somehow made a 3.

can't believe that was the first time in 41 games cleveland blew a 3rd quarter lead.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. francis 4 prez

it somewhat seems like a logical choice because they are young and on the way up (and in the east) and could help lebron fade into the sunset instead of carrying a team, but lebron/simmons just seems weird. simmons is basically the new lebron and their games are so similar and neither spaces the floor for the other. but that would certainly be a good defensive team with crazy passing.

9. BackdoorHarden

Man, he got a lousy squad. GM Lebron just ain't that good.

juanm34 likes this.
  10. francis 4 prez

maybe it was a question and not a statement?

it's gonna be weird with no lebron in the 2nd round.

11. ballscientist1

I predict that Pacers will win in 6.

Cavs have a ton of weakness now.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

They'll probably make it but if they don't...

NBA media is just gonna stop covering the EC playoffs and go into LeBron watch for the next 2 months. ;) Hell, this forum may join them while the Rockets are playing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. ballscientist1

Rockets have a great chance to sign LeBron should Rockets clear the cap space by dumping bad contracts.

My understanding is that LeBron is now family first, not win first, same as others from banana boat.

#453 ballscientist1, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  14. francis 4 prez

the last time the pacers were up 2-1 on lebron, dwade put up 30/9/6 in game 4 when lebron put up 40/18/9. there's no dwade replacement on this team to help lebron or mess with the pacers. i would have no fear if i were them. and i don't think lebron has a 40/18/9 on 1 day rest in him at this point. i feel like the one place you notice lebron's age is there just isn't the ability to hustle on both ends game to game that there was when he was younger. offense only in 2 or 3 straight games? offense and defense for 1 game? sure, but not both ends for a series. he basically stopped driving in the second half like a 33 year old who had played 44 minutes the game before.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. pacertom

pacertom Member

PG is talented but he was anti-clutch. I heard somewhere as a Pacer in the last minute with his team down one, tied, or up one he was 0-18 from the field. Zero game winners, for his Pacers career. In contrast Victor Oladipo has had 6 game-winners this year alone.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#456 J.R., Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    hakeem94, B-Bob and Vivi like this.
  17. francis 4 prez

i feel like a lot of people say he isn't clutch, but i'm surprised to hear a pacers fan say that. i guess he wasn't great at last second shots based on that 0-18 stat, but i always felt he was one of those guys who could get on a role in the 4th and just start draining pressure shots and he was too long and athletic to keep him from getting those shots. and not just making them, but like he wanted those shots and took that responsibilty. i remember the heat playoff game where he hit a game-tying 3 to force overtime then got fouled on a 3 in OT with just a few seconds left and made all 3 ft's like it was nothing. i think that was the game lebron hit the game-winning layup to steal his thunder, but i remember thinking PG wasn't fun to face in the clutch. i guess those don't fit that stat above, but they seem just as big.

maybe he did less of it against other teams.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

silver's boys tried their darnedest to help CLE in the final minutes of tonite's game. that was pretty fuking pathetic

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. pacertom

pacertom Member

20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Toronto should give out a years supply of Maple Syrup to everyone in Indiana if y'all pull this off.

hakeem94 and pacertom like this.