1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] (3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Sixers in 4

12.5%
  2. Sixers in 5

18.8%
  3. Sixers in 6

50.0%
  4. Sixers in 7

3.1%
  5. Nets in 7

6.3%
  6. Nets in 6

3.1%
  7. Nets in 5

3.1%
  8. Nets in 4

3.1%
  1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Who knows...but we'd be playing with no bench.

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Then why are you spending your time on forums if you just accept whatever Morey decideds without any discussion?

RyanB likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm going to laugh when Butler and Tobias Harris leave in free agency and point to the fans booing. Then the Sixers come to the realization that Redick is old and Embiid and Simmons can't play together. They'll likely have to trade Simmons for pennies on the dollar after having already emptied half of their assets for rentals of Butler and Harris. Like it could get really dark really quickly in Philly. They shouldn't have fired Hinkie.

ramotadab, RyanB, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i'm not too worried about the bench, i like Hartenstein, Clark, House, i think at least two of them will be solid for us going forward. Green will probably stay, Faried maybe will stay too...we have the MLE and we'll probably get one or two buyout guys eventually.

5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

loving this Brooklyn team..unheralded, second-chance players with a chip on their shoulder

they've got a great story

malakas, RyanB, B-Bob and 7 others like this.
  6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The Curse Lives!

Disney fixed their mistake and brought back Empreror Palpatine. Time for the Sixers to do same and bring back Lord Hinkie.

[​IMG]

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

They can trade other guys starting with EG.

Hard capping the team if you get Butler is worth it. Who will add with your little cap that is better than Butler?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pathetic. Maybe if he learns to shoot they wont have to boo him.

I'm starting to think Lebron made Simmons his "annointed one" because he knows Simmons is limited and won't surpass him. Kinda like how MJ keeps propping up Kobe as the greatest ever because everyone knows he is better than Kobe.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Sixers lose on their home court to start the series. Raptors lose. Denver does as well. Crazy! Denver and the Raptors losing isn't that big a surprise, but the Sixers losing to the Nets? There goes home court. Huge upset if Brooklyn takes the series.

#169 Deckard, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    saleem, malakas and RyanB like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sixers-Nets
    Raptors-Magic
    Same difference I guess ;)

Deckard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My bad! Edit on the way. Your point taken, though. Still surprising.

12. omgTHEpotential

Raptors losing is the biggest surprise for me personally. Man, Lowry is so bad in the playoffs...

saleem, Deckard, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  13. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Is it really that big of an upset? Nets were 2-2 vs Sixers in the regular season...

Little Bit likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Philly fans are really the worst. They couldn't even wait for the end of the game to boo.
    But $ over all. No way does Harris leave if they pay him. Butler is more questionable but if they pay him full max he will likely stay as well.

I think Simmons trade value is still plenty to get them Anthony Davis if they want.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good point about the Nets playing them even during the regular season. Each split the 2 games on their home court and the margin of victory (or defeat) was also nearly even in all 4 games. Although Philadelphia won 9 more games, I agree that the head to head record is significant. The Sixers with home court should have given them an edge during the playoffs, even if it's a small one, but they also entered the playoffs with Embid banged up and having lost 4-6, compared to the Nets winning 3 straight.

What influenced me more is that they nabbed the guy many of us wanted to get, Butler. Butler played well, scoring 36, but the rest? They were terrible from behind the arc and lousy at the line. Their bench also failed them, except for Marjanovic's 15 minutes, while the Nets' bench came through. So the Sixers say goodbye to home court and we'll see if they can get it together. The fans of the Nets must be high as a kite.

malakas likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are we sure Anthony Davis and Embiid is a good pairing? I'm really not. I think Embiid, much like Giannis, peak Dwight, etc needs to be surrounded by shooters.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

It can work because both can a little bit space the floor. Not that it will be an ideal pairing but better than with Boogie.
    Ofc if the Sixers could get Beal that would be the best pairing but right now the value of Simmons is tanking very fast and his attitude is horrible so they can't keep waiting on him because it's possible by this time next year he will be worth half of what he is worth now. Especially if he gets a max extension and comes back the same player.

Taking a risk on Davis is worth it for lack of better options. They should have traded Simmons for Kawhi when the Spurs asked for him.

18. malakas

malakas Member

And Brett Brown exposed once again for the bottom 3 coach he is.

I actually thought that funnily enough a deep playoff run can be the worst case scenario for Philly at this point.
    Max extension for Simmons,
    5 year max to Butler and Harris
    and extending Brown.
    GM Brand encouraged to keep wasting assets left and right in shortsighted lopsided trades.

hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Agree. They should have kept Hinkie and they should replace Brown during the off-season.

malakas and saleem like this.
  20. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

As a Nets fan, I can tell you that our expectations are absolutely that we will get to the next round.