1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] (3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 10, 2019.

?

(3)Philadelphia vs. (6)Brooklyn

Poll closed Apr 13, 2019.
  1. Sixers in 4

12.5%
  2. Sixers in 5

18.8%
  3. Sixers in 6

50.0%
  4. Sixers in 7

3.1%
  5. Nets in 7

6.3%
  6. Nets in 6

3.1%
  7. Nets in 5

3.1%
  8. Nets in 4

3.1%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

GET OFF OF MY LAWN, @DreamShook!!!

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Beal would be very interesting with Embiid. That I'd like to see. I also think Kawhi would be a much better fit.

malakas likes this.
  3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't have a lawn. Too lazy for mowing.

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

you do understand what hard capping is right? you cant add anyone period. you are cut off from transactions. You still have to fill out a roster. Harden and CP3s salary are about to increase as well. And capela will be on the books too. We cant add another star via FA or sign and trade. Only way we realistically can is a straight trade and have bird rights

5. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Agreed Raptors losing at home was way more surprising than brooklyn beating philly. Brooklyn isnt that bad of a team.

6. 417Rocket

417Rocket Member

Raptors have post season chokes

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Lebron isnt there anymore

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lowry still is though

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Again who will you add with your little capspace that is better than Butler? If you cant have anyone better than Butler then whats the issue if you get hard capped?

We can do a sign and trade for Butler if need be, Sixers would probably take EG then let Butler walk for nothing. The rest of the team you can fill out with vet mins, I dont care.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Brooklyn just has DLo and unknown players Sixers were looking at 3 max players and 1 almost max player. Its def a huge upset.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  11. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Joe Harris led the league in 3pt% this season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody's hankering to pay Joe Harris the max like Embiid, Simmons and Butler. Hell, some people were saying Harris was due for a max as well.

malakas, hakeem94 and yoeddy like this.
  13. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Not correct in the slightest. There is a possible scenario to acquiring butler. But this scenario needs basic assumptions and hypotheticals.

1) Butler makes it very clear to Philly he is not staying.
    - Entirely plausible. He may not believe in the coaching or team fit to succeed. In addition it is known that butler and harden are boys. I think from a team dynamic standpoint butler would prefer being around his contemporaries like similar aged harden cp3 tucker than the kids of philly.

2) Butler is ok with opt in and trade to htx.
    - This part of the plan is dependent on butlers desire of money vs. wins. Houston in no way should opt for a sign and trade. It hard caps us at the apron and we would likely be unable to perform the deal or even use mle or any exceptions. We couldn’t field a roster. We will not engage in any snt scenario. However opt in and trade is entirely plausible with a Max offer in one year. We have shown indication with an older and more fragile player in cp3. Money has proven he is loyal to his word. If butler wants to win in htx he has to opt in and trade. Which I think he’ll consider since we have a strong team in his hometown with commitments to winning and paying our stars.

3) Butler tells philly opt in and trade me to htx or I’m walking and you get nothing.
    - incentivize philly to do the deal

4) Rox have multiple options at trading for butler
    - sign and trade shump+Nene 4 frp. If we retain shump at his cap hold of 12 million (which he’ll sign since who the hell will give him 12 million) we can snt to philly so they can recoup any kind of traceable assets. Expiring contracts and multiple firsts are great for philly gym to waste again.

- if philly doesn’t want shump and demands ego ( which I can’t see them doing since they have no leverage) we can do above trade with less picks. Or consider 3way with Washington for Beal to go to philly us to get butler and combo of shump/ego/philly assets/nene to Washington.

5) I think we can get butler easily with scenario one and if we desperately need him with ego. But in best case scenario our locked in roster looks l8ke this

Cp3/ego
    Harden/ego
    Butler/Clark
    Tucker
    Capela/hartenstein

With the MLE left to retain house. I think green and faried will stay for minimums. But regardless there are great vets in free agent pool. I can see people like Gibson/McGee/Ariza/greens/rivers easily staying for bench depth.

bumbum09, Hakeemtheking and Koperboy like this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Thanks, great read. If this is indeed possible, did you also consider how would those players mesh on court together, especially with Butler's ego and lack of touches for him? I agree he would more likely play with Harden and CP3 who already know how much work they have to put in as opposed to someone like Simmons who is more interested in tweeting about fans.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm going to go ahead and call it, if Philly loses again at home, they will get swept! This is a big must win for them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Caris levert can go! 25 for D'Angelo Russell is easy, peesy.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Boban is looking like he better then embid lol

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes and nope, sometimes silence is golden.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul was also better than Butler is now and got his reputation.

Butler can't dish it out, all he does and cares about is getting his touches.

I wouldn't want both if I didn't have someone like Harden.