1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2020 Democrat POTUS Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Sep 7, 2018.

?

Who do you want to win the Democrat nomination in 2020 to run against Trump?

1. Bernie Sanders

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Corey Booker

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Elizabeth Warren

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Joe Biden

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Kamala Harris

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Kirsten Gillibrand

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Hillary Clinton

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Other

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. HTM

HTM Member

Biden is a popular option here. I can see why. He has strong personal charisma and seems much younger than he is. He is a cool dude. However, he will turn 78 on November 20, 2020. That would make him by far the oldest President in the history of the United States. That's not to say he couldn't/shouldn't run but it's a fairly big consideration.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes, out of season and out of work, political consultants will cultivate their media connections and lubricate their publicity pipelines, while getting their name and full resume in a national newspaper. Excellent work, detective.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah... those creepy videos of him getting touchy with young children at the photo shoot should go real well for Creepy Uncle Joe. Or I guess Creep Grandpa Joe may be more appropriate. This dude's baggage with Obama shouldn't hurt him either eh?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This thread needs to be closed and a new poll created adding Beto and removing Hillary.

Confession: I'm just beginning to understand why Beto has a legit chance to win the Dem nomination for 2020. If he's ever going to run for president, this is probably the best (and maybe only) shot he will ever have.

If not him, expect a woman to win out. None out of Biden, Booker and Bernie have much of a chance. Biden and Bernie are too old and Booker inspires no one at all.

Deckard likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gillibrand "not to be trusted" after her role in forcing Al Franken to resign.

Good. My impression of her after watching her for over ten years in NY is that she has no fixed principles of her own and is as cutthroat an opportunist as can be found in politics.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/26/al-franken-kirsten-gillibrand-2020-1014697

more at the link

jcf likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. biff17

biff17 Member

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Throwing Franken under the bus didn't earn her any points, but more importantly, I don't know what she stands for besides working the system by holding seniority and earning incremental achievement points along the way. At least Hillary stood for a botched trillion dollar shitstain of a war/occupation when she was there.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. @cml750 needs to start a new one, or revamp this one, if he can. Biden would have been a good candidate in 2016 against trump, but he bowed out. That was his chance. I'm convinced that he would have beaten trump silly. Now is the time to go with the next generation of young leaders in the party, younger than the people we've had since Obama (who can't run again, unfortunately). O'Rourke, Harris, and others, including some that will surprise by getting involved, in my opinion. I agree with your take on Bernie and Booker, as well. One isn't really a Democrat and is way too old, and the other has no charisma at all. No "juice." Maybe for VP. Maybe. I doubt it. There will be a woman on the ticket, in my opinion. Possibly Harris. I could see an O'Rourke/Harris ticket winning in 2020. We'll see. Time is marching on faster than some may realize. 2020 is just a little up the road.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

I do not think a poll can be edited once the thread is started.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Avenatti's out

14. Buck Turgidson

Did he also announce that he will not declare for the NBA draft?

mdrowe00, texanskan, biff17 and 2 others like this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Fyi. I have decided not to run as well.

Buck Turgidson and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

cml750 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good riddance Avennetti.

He could have had a great career as a high profile independent attack dog attorney but he just couldn’t resist the temptation to go for broke and jump head first into the most obvious game of self promotion.

Nobody wanted any part of Avennetti on that debate stage. He was openly telling anyone who would listen what his plan was which is to cause a major divide within the party, attack everyone within, and conquer ala Trump.

That’s a complete misreading of what the majority electorate wants. 2018 mid terms clearly show its about the issues and cleaning up the sh$&storm of corruption.

jcf likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bold strategy cotton.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

related

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-2020.html

more at the link

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I feel like Elizabeth Warren would be an absolutely dreadful national candidate.