1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Earl Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 12stonestool, Jan 27, 2006.

1. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

i know the name has been brought up on the board is anyone interested in this guy and could be get him? I personally dont think karl would give him up but they are a deep gaurd team.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

he's being paid a whole MLE. No way we want to pick up a contract like that.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Watson has showed in the last few weeks that he is well worth getting paid the MLE.

But, he is playing so well right now, he has pretty much played himself out of the Rocket's range. Unless Denver is enamored by Swift, I don't see the Rockets wih a real shot at getting him.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

He's an elite backup, so he could help us sure, but backup PG is not a pressing need on this team. We need a backup SF more than anything to cut down TMac's minutes.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Not to mention a quality, young 2. (No offense to David Wesley)

6. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

no Im talking about tradin swift or wesley to get the deal done preferbly moochie and dwes for watson and some1 else.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't give up Swift for Watson. We need an upgrade at both guard spots.
    Watson is a good backup not a starter.

8. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

With the season Denver is having this year (particularly, going to the playoffs), why would they want an expiring contract for something that contributes (and significantly, as of late) to their team??

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'd rather get a regular-sized SG. These undersized 2-guards are driving me nuts.

10. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I agree. We need a athletic wing who is at least 6-5.