1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwights Post Game Interview *Clippers Game*

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jan 19, 2016.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2016/01/19/1453192366596-dwight.mov-239115

I dont know how to embed the video...if someone can fix that for me..cool

Interesting, Dwight keeps repeating, he is not worried about his stats, he is just trying to win and make plays for his teammates. Reporters then ask him if he would like to know his stats and he says NO.

They then ask him, how frustrating was it not to get the ball in the end of 4th/Overtime. and he says he cant concern himself with that..

I think the more Dwight continues to play well....and you see the different flow of the offense with and without Harden, that these comments will start to bring alot more attention to the real issue with this team.

For those wondering about Harden comments.. his post game comments are about 1:14 seconds long, you can guess what he said.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

What did Harden say?

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i can guess what harden said? hmm.."its just one game. im the best player in the world."

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Honestly I have no idea how Dwight has a bad rep.

The guy has been nothing but a consummate professional since he's been here. Yeah his post ups suck a lot. But, aside from that he's a great player. I thought he was overrated for a long time.

His time in Houston has changed my perception of that completely.

He's a great team player and pretty much never says the wrong things. I hope we surround him with some better shooters and two players. The complementary type of talent he needs. I want him to retire a Rocket. That perhaps won't be the case anymore.

Harden is so talented and does awesome things on the court. His attitude and demeanor has gone to **** this year. In his first year here I really thought he'd be a professional all the way through. It doesn't seem like that anymore.

2 people like this.
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What am I looking for in Hardens comments?? Just weren't long enough for you? Or something else? Not the greatest post game interview, but I don't see anything wrong that stands out either..

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Dwight does deserve anything but credit at this moment. His effort sometimes isn't there, his head is sometimes not in the game and he does some silly things, but that can be overlooked since he produces and cares about winning. Too bad we will probably lose him, because Morey is not committed to him but to Harden and no way I would stay if a system does not use my talents and actually an inside-out game that this team is built for. Also, I would not stay if Harden is not committed to winning either. I hope Dwight pushes for Harden to be traded.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ask the players... it is more like he is not cool with couple of players

can't be loved by everyone

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who is the chick behind Harden?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree a lot on this, Dwight's impact on the game is monumental and it's a shame we don't have a good coach who could take advantage of his gifts. If we had a guy like Carlisle coaching this team I'm sure he would be ecstatic to have Howard patrolling the paint and scoring in the post, yeah his hook shot sucks but in PNR Howard is unstoppable so that's what we should be doing instead of letting Harden iso and make up **** every time, after 20x repititions of the same thing he gets lazy and just alternates between step back Js and drive and kicks....predictable af. This is good enough to win against rooks but against experienced team like Clips, Spurs, GSW etc. we get shut down really easily.

10. dmorey

dmorey Member

harden did not even feel bad for the loss haha
    im in LA bro
    forget the game
    lets party

1 person likes this.
  11. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

****s me when people use the excuse that the opponents were just hot.

It's basically saying that we should discount the loss because they were making tough shots.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

"I went out hard Sunday night after the Lakers game and had a nasty hangover. It is why I played with little effort or energy. I gotta stop doing that"

1 person likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Which stat padder is he referring to? He sounds mad but he is classy

14. anchel

anchel Member

Simply not true. He's one of the best at it in the game.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

At the same time, the bar is set impossibly high for Dwight. And it's a constant moving target. In the early third quarter when Dwight had 15-15, Reggie literally said on the air "if he doesn't get 30-35 rebounds then it's a disappointment". Who does he think Dwight is matching up against?! The Hoosiers? It's DeAndre freaking Jordan on the other side.

Just enjoy our big man while we have him. It won't last forever.

16. rocketseagles07

The issue is defense. Literally nothing else matters into that's fixed. If Houston didn't give up 100 3s they win... Period

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden - "Do I have to do this interview? The game is over, I'm in LA and I'm running late for the strip clubs"

1 person likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden was worn down last year when Dwight rested most of the year that why Harden is inconsistent this year and Dwight is looking ready. Houston teams need to stop putting so much on one guy like that and actually come up with a real strategy and offensive sets/defensive sets to play really team basketball.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Do what you feel, always, thats why ima hit up this club ya dig?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The media has manufactured one hell of a campaign against him. I know a lot of people that "hate" Dwight Howard. When ask them, "why?" - they're lost.