1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is About to Show the World He's on Kevin Durants Level (2018 version)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigggReddd, Aug 19, 2018.

1. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

it only took him 15 seasons to realize he needed to improve on his offensive "arsenal"

Sajan and BigggReddd like this.
  2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

He probably could play another 8 seasons, but he's going to fade out like any other former all-star and be coming off the bench. Like a rich man's Nazr Mohammed...

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The First minute or so . . . .

Rocket River

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He and everyone else should stop worrying about his offense period. Just play defense, rebound and set those picks (he doesn't have to do the rolling part because he's not good at it). He should be resigned to playing a role similar to Steven Adams.

JuanValdez likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The fact that he STILL doesn't understand that his offense should start and end with being a PNR machine is very telling. Nobody gives a **** about your offense, Dwert. In fact, if you want to step outside the circle and actually try to hit something from beyond 4', be my guest.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, trying to get skinnier is trying to be an older version of Capela, right?

Does anybody take him serious when he tries to be a KD-AD combination offensive player?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I guess? Emphasis on quickness over strength is a league-wide trend. Capela definitely fits that mold, though I wouldn't call him skinny anymore. By training camp he'll be one of the biggest C's in the NBA seeing as he's constantly growing and the position is constantly shrinking.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's relative. Capela is skinny compared to Dwight.

Dwight can slim down. But I doubt that he will get any faster. At best, it will only offset his lost of speed due to aging.

Personally I think he is doing it the wrong way. I agree with the poster who said that Dwight should try to be Steven Adams or Tyson Chandler. When you get older, you get slower. What you can do is to use your strength and bulk to get rebounds and score put back baskets.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He can do both. One is about will (i.e. requirez zero time to implement), the other actually requires physical commitment. He can slim down in the summer and commit to the PnR in training camp if he really wants. I don't think he does. But at least he's doing something in the summer.

Easy likes this.
  10. HardLin

HardLin Member

Before he starts hitting 40% on 3's he needs to hit 40% on free throws :)

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol how the heck did he lose 9% of bodyfat?
    he was like 8-9% to begin with!
    Unless you are telling me an nba player with ripped abs was over 15%!

maybe he meant he started hitting 9% of his free throws.

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

All talk, no walk. I would put any amount of money, on any odds, against him being on KD or AD level.

JuanValdez likes this.
  13. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

#newmath

Easy likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, at the beginning of the article I was thinking, "well if Dwight has a new attitude and really knows what his role should be, he could be useful for a team like the Rockets." Read on and see his attitude has only gotten more delusional. If he wants to play 8 more seasons, he should be talking about playing strong defense, grabbing rebounds, setting picks, and doing the occasional putback.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It's hilarious, every time he joins a new team, he magically is working on improving something. With us, it was his free throws and post moves cause the access to Dream. With atlanta, it was just free throws. Now he's working on a jumper? Dood, if you can't hit free throws, you probably can't hit 15 footers. Just retire already.

Also, no one gonna comment on zormelo, his trainer? That's our new forwards brother. After training dwert, he's gonna be signing to rvg.

theimpossibles1 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

...thus continues the tragic part of what could have been a much more successful career, had Dwight not so desperately wanted to be an offensive weapon.

He finally realized that nobody posts up anymore (about 5 years too late) so he can't asks for more shots in the post, so he tries to reinvent himself to become a face-to-the-basket player.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not tragical hes just having fun...in my book he who can enjoy himself is a true champion...NBA is fake competition anyway...if klay and steph were to be officiated like dwight is, they would have zero rings

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Dwert showin he is on Peasant's level. Riding the Subway. (Non Milfs)

All those tats cropping up.

19. Chamillionaire

Why do all the players hate Dwight? He seems like a decent guy. I mean other than him grabbing Canaans dick, I haven't really seen anything other than that. Is he bipolar?

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is 3x DPOY and has made 8 all nba teams including 5x the first team. He has been pretty successful.

DieHard Rocket likes this.