1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him being a locker room cancer here doesn't mean he'll be one there, but he's still an over the hill OT that doesn't prioritize football....and they'll be stuck paying him. If they manage to make the playoffs then they'll probably see it as a win win situation because not having him around anymore plus the picks is WAY more valuable than having him on the roster for the Texans. There's simply no argument otherwise.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brian Cushing probably wishing he got traded to a playoff team too. Might be his last shot at being on one for the rest of his career.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don’t know, I can see him being a bargain grab by a team like the Patriots during the off-season. Low risk, proven vet past his prime but still quality depth on a good team.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans were going no where.

They were lucky that the Seahawks were so desperate.

The trade of Brown was the right move for the Texans.

Zero second thoughts.

Chilly_Pete and texans1095 like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Cushing is getting cut this offseason, so he can go sign for 1 dollar with the Patriots. Doubt he would make the roster though.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I, for one, am shocked.

vince and J.R. like this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Smith is inconsistent as a GM.

Hits on first rounders almost consistently, and robs teams in trades.

Loses AJ Boyue when he could have franchised him and lets Brandon Brooks walk for Jeff Allen.

I don't know how to feel about Rick.

My head tells me to fire the guy, but then I think about how he jumped up and took Watson who if healthy will keep the Texans relevant for the next decade.

moligity and vince like this.
  9. vince

vince Member

Brown and his antics messed with team chemistry from the get go. No matter what anyone says, a LT sitting out risks the health of the QB. He had a contract, and proved not to to be a team player. He thought that was his leverage, and got bitter when the Texans didn’t blink.

A season with so much promise went into turmoil. I don’t recall seeing this many season ending injuries to starters. It almost like the Texans got a hex put on them.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No question he's a polarizing figure, but I have more faith in his talent evaluation than I do BOB's.

11. texian

texian Member

#391 texian, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Can't see the tweet, what does it say?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carroll pretty frank on trades for Duane Brown and Sheldon Richardson, says "it hasn't so far'' worked out the way the team hoped.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wonder why that tweet got deleted

15. texian

texian Member

Teams have power over local media, plus that quote was edited out of the video. But...

Russell Wilson was pressured on 61% of his dropbacks, getting sacked seven times, while Todd Gurley rushed for 152 yards and three touchdowns on Richardson and the defense. Head coach Pete Carroll expressed disappointment in those areas on Monday by saying that the deals for Richardson and Brown have not yet worked in their favor.

Carroll pretty frank on trades for Duane Brown and Sheldon Richardson, says "it hasn't so far'' worked out the way the team hoped.
    — Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) December 18, 2017

The biggest problem on the offensive line was left guard Luke Joeckel, who allowed two sacks, two hits, and three hurries. Prior to Sunday, Brown had clearly upgraded the offensive line, as the Seahawks were a top-10 pass protection team in the league with him as the starter at left tackle. Obviously, that is no longer the case when you account for the Rams game, which counts.

The run defense was also in the elite status prior to Sunday, allowing just 3.1 yards per carry (an NFL-best) over their previous nine games. I have, however, heard arguments that Richardson has not played that well against the run personally and we know with certainty that he’s not doing much individually against the pass...

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lol

Still a good trade (2nd and 3rd) considering there was nothing that would have made him want to stay in Houston.

Uprising likes this.
  18. texian

texian Member

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Interesting to hear him talk about his relationship with OB/Coaches as compared to Rick Smith and Co.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Any recap?