1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLAGRANT1, Oct 30, 2017.

1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

playalistic and TheRealist137 like this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

3. texian

texian Member

There were 6 first round quality OTs in the 2008 Draft and 2 of those 6 were not considered fits for Alex Gibb's newfangled zone blocking scheme...

And we traded down in the first until Brown was the last OT standing. Gibbs gave him the thumbs up and we were set at LT for almost a decade.

I came to consider Brown a cornerstone franchise player, one who'd be in our ring of honor one day.

No better example of how he played than when he broke James Harrison's orbital bone...

[​IMG]

Why not? and FLAGRANT1 like this.
  4. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

At the end of the day, he was disrespectful to the team that drafted him first round, when ever other draft gurus were saying that he was a major reach. They pay him well when the time came for an extension.

And he turned his back on the the organization. So no, he can *** off.

5. csj

csj Member

"...the best offensive linemen we ever had."

Don't know who this "we" is, but no one on this forum has had any offensive lineman.

As for Houston, the Oilers had 3 offensive lineman better than Brown...at the same time. Not one of the disgraced the organization either.

raining threes and Cstyle42 like this.
  6. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Sad that his final year went like this. Nevertheless truly a Texan great deserve his name hanging in the rafters.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Good football player, active in the community. Glad he is gone...

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

As long as McNair is the owner...including Cal...Duane will NEVER be honored. He totally went a direction he didnt need too. I alluded to the fact that Duane was on his way soon...Glad they used him after the game...

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think he was borderline Ring Of Honor. But then 2017 happened.

If the texans had a ring of honor

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Great player but ruined his Texans legacy. I can guarantee he will not make ring of honor.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Endings for great players are never good. One bad season doesn’t make me hate him over 9, 10 good ones. Wish the best for him. Now let’s move on.

12. Malaya

Malaya Member

He showed his true colors this 2017.

Only in it for himself. Not his teammates. Not this organization. Not this city.

Hope he plays bad and never gets another contract.

ipaman, solid and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Glad he's gone, will be happier when he's forgotten in a few years. He ruined any goodwill he might have built up over the years with the way he's handled himself the past few years.

Daddy Long Legs and solid like this.
  14. steve cleveland

steve cleveland New Member

Agreed. for all the good things he did for ten years he ended up being a pain in the Butt. He signed on the dotted line no one forced him to do that he and got his money.

Then he got greedy as most of these spoiled brats do and wanted more.
    Then he returns and immediately created conflict with the owner and helped lead the protest of the man paying his salary.

What McNair said has been a saying for years except it used to be " it's like the inmates running the asylum" McNair used prison. Big deal. The players should never be able to do something the man paying the salary doesn't want. In no other business would these "employees" still have a job.

Kind of reminds me of when Jerry Jones says "I turn on the lights"

Have a good life in Rainy, Gloomy Depressing Seattle Duane.

solid likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

What's to appreciate? He didn't honor the contract HE AGREED TO! Then he comes back so he won't lose the season of salary and cops an attitude and leads young players in a "stupid" demonstration. Please explain to me how disrespecting our nation, our vets, our first responders, police, and firemen WHO RISKED THEIR LIVES TO SAVE HUNDREDS DURING THE FLOOD is a meaningful and appropriate demonstration against social injustice. It is utterly out of place and extremely offensive. Pick another venue, go into the neighborhoods, visit police departments, start inner-city programs, do something positive instead of insulting your paying customers who think you are a bunch of out of touch spoiled millionaires.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Seattle wins the super bowl don't be surprised.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL due to them picking up an over the hill locker room cancer? Do you even football bruh?

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly i admire that he kept it real with his feelings regarding everything this past year. Still a great offensive linemen and strong leader. Played good here and helped win some big games. As far as him being in the ring of honor here he probably doesn't care. And now that he's not a texan i don't really care either. Until this team gets to the super bowl nobody will take that stuff seriously anyway.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Due to them improving protection for a top qb in the league. It's really that simple. Plus guys leave here all the time and end up getting one so like i said don't be surprised.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You admire that he was a moron who sought to sabotage the team to advance his own agenda....of course you do. LOL you really shouldn't be so transparent if you want people to take your opinion on this seriously.