1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green questions MDA's ability to coach and Morey's ability to GM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oogie boogie, Oct 17, 2017.

?

Can the Rockets made Green eat his words?

1. Yes.

32.8%
  2. No.

8.4%
  3. Probably not, but **** Draymond anyways.

58.8%
  1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Articles:
    https://www.gq.com/story/draymond-green-warriors-would-like-a-word
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ets-i-dont-know-how-serious-they-take-defense

Excerpts:
    Here's is what Steve Kerr had to say about the addition of Chris Paul to the Rockets.

One last thing Draymond had to say about other teams in the league.

So, what do you guys think about what Draymond Green has to say about our Rockets? (is this I.D.I.O.T. worthy btw?)

Personally, I believe that trash talk is very welcomed when it comes to competitive sports. On the field or on the court. "You can't guard me." "Y'all trash." "Get the **** off my court!" (Even if it isn't your court!) All these things are normal, and when the game is over we all should realize that it's just in-game stuff. It's normal. Don't take it to the heart.

What Green has been doing for these past few seasons is completely different though. He constantly lets his trash talk leak outside the game. While I never really cared since I chalked it up to a moron being a ****ing moron I believe this crosses the line. Yes, Draymond can have those conversations with his team mates, friends, and coaches in private. That's not the problem. If he feels like another GM or coach is bad at their job then that's his opinion. But here he is publicly questioning both MDA and Morey, and kind of getting away with it. Imagine if LeBron James publicly questioned whether the Raptors or Wizards were doing a good job building a team?

Draymond Green literally said that the entire league has no idea what to do, and he mentioned Daryl and D'antoni by name.

We all got a little upset, including Morey, when Charles Barkley called Daryl a nerd and essentially implied that Morey was bad at his job. Still, in the end of the day Barkley gets a tiny bit leeway since he is a paid "analysis" while Draymond Green is not. He's a NBA player who is about to play the Rockets in less than 24 hours in a NBA game.

BigMaloe, joshuaao and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

He’s not wrong here so I don’t care since most Rockets are soft, probably won’t use it as fuel and lay down anyway..let’s hope Tucker or Nene takes him out tonight! I’m tired of everybody accepting his on court behaviour much more than this blabbering outside of it.

ghettocheeze, Tfor3, cheke64 and 4 others like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is Daryl Morey gonna have to choke a b*tch?

cdrive, Tfor3, csj and 2 others like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rockets haven't won ****. Would you rather win that or an apology from a donkey?

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be nice to win game one and give them something to think about. We shall see soon enough.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you don't F*** with the league office cash cow, that's the cummissioner's $ right there. look how quickly they T'd up montrezl in a game early last year just for replying back to donkey lol

cheke64 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truly a McHaleian leader

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

of course it is. good job OP

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's pretty odd to have a reporter read another team's GM's quotes to a player just to get his reaction on the spot. Especially when those particular quotes are pretty vanilla - "we have to try something else" or "we're a good offense".

Oh well. I don't care, really. Until Draymond produces a musical I don't value his opinion.

MadMax and Sajan like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can he be a clownish leader as well?

12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

You know I have no problem with admitting that the Warriors are a great team. They may even go down as the best team ever, but their arrogance makes them so easy to hate. It's like they want people to disregard the fact that they have a starting line-up that resembles an all-star team. Well I guess if we don't like to here the bragging and boasting the only thing we can do to shut'em up is beat them.

theDude likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I dunno . . . has McHale kicked anyone in the nuts lately?

'metaphorically speaking' counts as well ;)

DonKnock likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

draymond nut kick to cp3 and harden confirmed?

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Draymond suffers a career ending injury this year. Karma is strong for this one.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The lack of awareness from Draymond Green is absolutely staggering.

I mean, he's a textbook case of right place, right time. Riding his team mates coat tails. I hope he goes to another team in his career just so I can watch his assists plummet by 400%

photojoe, 34to11, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

I hate the Warriors too, but this is what makes NBA basketball GREAT. This is why I loved Patrick Beverley. Now if we go up there and beat the crap outta GS tonite, that'll add to the fire. I really think we're the best team equipped to beat them

Tfor3, YaoMing#1 and jch1911 like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

You know that's eventually going to happen lol

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Milk and JH kick 'em nuts like crazy.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish we drafted him. It would be our dynasty right now.