1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball Super: Broly [trailer comic con]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JW86, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Hi DB fans, how do you guys feel about Broly now becoming canon? Excited? I certainly am, a golden opportunity to give him a better story than crying kakarot - though that movie is still my favourite except for the predictable ending and getting 2 terrible follow up movies that ruined his character. It also gives us something new in terms of the series afterwards, though I fear another predictable ending at the hands of Goku, all 3 together or Vegito.

Regardless of the story, his look is great even though I will always love the regal look - the pink / red with golden pads, necklace and earrings somehow worked though Kale berserk looks pretty much like that now. I am not necessarily a fan of the purple and green Hulk theme, but it's okay. In the first trailer the fur made it seem like he was more beastly and maybe with a tail, now he's just like before pretty much.

His power is probably insane through the roof, that final scene of the trailer is amazing. From the screens, it doesn't seem like UI Goku will make an appearance but god I hope so. Also Broly beefed up with the long black hair looks amazing too. The only thing is they made his hair look more like Goku's and I thought the spiky hair split down the middle - similar to Trunks - just nailed his look, but this remake is damn good.

JumpMan, BigMaloe, faraza84 and 3 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I am not a fan of how this whole Broly stuff is being handled. You can tell they have no plan at all with the Super story lines, However, that trailer is straight fire.

English Trailer:

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Trailer looks great.

Hopefully Vic Mignogna pulls out a performance like he did in 2003, beating his transformation while Pantera ripped 10's as the background music will be tough.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Holy Crap!!! I've never seen any of the anime and even that trailer got me hooked!!! Please don't tell me I need to see the shows or anything, that's too many to catch up. Can I just watch this movie instead? Or what about a manga? I'll read a manga, can't sit through a show.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This literally has nothing to do with the series lol

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well.. this is canon now. Broly is canon. This picks up right after the Tournament of Power arc.

Obito likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is a Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z manga you can read.. I think you can read it all before this movie comes out in January.

#7 DreamShook, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Love the visual style they are using for this movie. So hyped!

9. JW86

JW86 Member

It does and it helps to know the back story, but the movie stands on its own. Yes it’s after the last series, but my guess is they won’t really go much into what happened prior.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

At least watch the recent movies, Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F so you’re not confused with the most recent transformations.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I didn’t have any expectation for this but after that trailer I was pretty damn hype. Like the base form look of Broly they have now and the animation looks slick. Like the winter coats on Goku and Vegeta as well

JW86 likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Can’t wait to super super mega ultra instinct

13. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Ultra Instinct x 100x Kaioken. Who’s with me?!!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Unpopular opinion: Ultra Instinct is trash.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Could One Punch Man beat anybody in the Dragon Ball universe??

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Base form Broly kicking their asses

Rocket River