1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DownToBuck YouTube Channel taken down

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swiss Roll, Feb 20, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Before I respond to this, let me reiterate I am for these highlighters whether they make money or not. I regret contributing to this topic going off the main message that this sucks. And ESPN is to blame, not the NBA. And NBA even seems to have ESPN US in line, just not India
    ————————————

To your post, I know all that. If you haven’t noticed, I have a YT channel of pretty much all NBA content. I know NBA claims copyright. I know how the monetization button works.

As I said initially, there is more ways to make money off of YT channels ,,, meaning, meaning ways other than direct YT payments.

I believe any highlight team (or individual) who says they are providing the content for free. I am also confident they all know how to do this in a sustainable manner, which means they can’t be giving that much effort and time for free. Maybe some are trust fund babies and don’t need money or a job.

The survivors will learn how to earn money on that. One simple to understand way is share the vids other places that have ad revenue. And there are still other ways.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What's the difference between channels like this and the GD's Greatest Highlights and Dawkins channels? Why haven't they been shut down?

Jontro likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I mean I’ve watched many of your videos but never thought to subscribe your channel. Now I subscribed.

Your my new Down to Buck,

Don’t disappoint...

4. heypartner

Yep, and what I further love about his channel is it has quite a few videos with no NBA content at all. He’s also driving ppl to vids that he owns completely, which are actual coaching vids of him on the court with players running through drills and offenses.

5. heypartner

I’ve mixed providers. I started putting the small ones on streamble, and there’s some on Vimeo. Can’t recall why I didn’t settle on one, now regret having them spread around.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Diluting your monetization possibilities

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Don't get why NBA takes action against channels like these when they only enhance league popularity.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He got a little too big for his own good .

It was all good when he was just posting DMo and Kostas Papanikolau highlights .

In other news .... How the hell am I supposed to masturbate to .... Ahem I mean watch DMO highlights now !!?!?

Jontro likes this.
  9. heypartner

NBA did not take action. read the thread. It was ESPN India. NBA actually allows all this.

NBA is apparently getting wrongfully blamed by ppl assuming they are like MLB and the NFL, who indeed block this stuff. NBA fully allows it.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I did internet marketing for a living for a long time so i know everything about content monetization. He could have his own sites with banners generating revenue but it’s peanuts compare to his brand when everyone knows to go on YouTube and watch his newly uploaded videos every night. Yes there are other ways but to truly make money is by having your content generating ad revenue where it will be viewed the most which is on YouTube directly but he wasn’t allowed to do that. However, there was a couple uploaded who parlay their channels into legit jobs. One who covered the lakers and actually got a job covering the lakers and another user who got hired by BR for his highlights. That’s probably the best end game for these users, otherwise they are doing it as a hobby since they can’t make a lot of money as all their content is copyrighted. Of course the NBA allows it since they claim the content and generate the ad revenue from it. Ok enough blabbing lol

Jontro and BigMaloe like this.
  11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He does have a website (downtobuck.net) , but no ads.

12. heypartner

What makes you think he has to provide content to his own site to make money off content?

Maybe you're right and he hasn't figured it out, but there is a lot of competition and these hihghlight teams aren't all hobbyists with no jobs putting out this much volume of content and editing, that quickly...and some in the middle of the night their time. Are you saying none of these highlight teams have any chance of making money, and surviving.

If true, we will constantly be losing them, then new taking over,,, a revolving door of hobbyists?

So far, I'm disappointed in your "everything" knowledge. :p

Come on Mr "know everything", think outside the box of your internet marketing gigs. Name all the ways a valued content provider can make money. We want these teams to survive. Tell us the ways they can survive.

#52 heypartner, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sucks for the guy, but the silver lining is that it’s m triggered t f out of those reddit nazis

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I told you that some of them parlay into real jobs. As for ads monetization from their copyright material there really isn’t a way for them to do unless they advertise products or services inside their own video. If they want to make a brand then sure. They can sell merchandise to help support them but it wouldn’t be a brand like ballislife, but as far as making YouTube money there’s no chance if all they do is make highlights. D2B said it himself he wasn’t getting paid so i don’t know why you don’t believe him.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I got banned from r/warriors lol

16. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Is this channel back from the dead?