1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Ryno start after the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Si or no?

1. Yez

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. noz

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I am curious what everyone thinks? Obviously he starts until then. Hard to figure out if we think he could put together a hot streak and up his value or if we just think that is the best spot for him on the team? Is his ultimate value to us as Lebron bait and lube? If he is still her in 3 weeks should he be starting?

Anderson (IMO) is mentally shot and I don't know if he can come back from that. I give him some kudos because he is generally playing hard. His shot is the thing that seems mentally afflicted. l am sure the exposure to his shooting issues at home has been hard on him as it is easier to scheme against him. We saw him locked out in the playoffs last year but now that is happening regularly inside of 82 games. That worries me. I no longer really believe in the deep shooting aspect of his positioning. I think a player that is just quicker to get a 3 pointer off is a superior option at this point. Not to mention the new power forward would probably be an upgrade in ALL other facets of the game.

I want Luc to start. He has enough athletic ability to penetrate with the ball and I find his 3 ball to be quick and precise. An argument for Green could also be made to add that athletic element.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I say yes because Morey goes hard trying to trade him in the summer, in the playoffs it will happen

amaru likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson in his prime would be a great fit on this team. I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He seems to be hesitating a lot. I can’t remember the last time he made a definitive play off the dribble, other than “The Dunk”.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because it was THE DEFINITIVE PLAY off the dribble.

Once you have achieved perfection, there is no point in attempting it again.

Joshfast, topfive, gotsis and 8 others like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I really want to see more midrange pick and pops with Ryno.

mac_got_this and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He will be fine .

He goes through slumps , he is hesitant at times too . Hopefully , with the support of the team and with some winning streaks ... He can gain some confidence back .

He's important to the team . Even if he's only playing 20-30 minutes ... Those minutes matter and he can be a difference maker if he gets a little hot .

I wish he had more confidence just to let it fly . But , maybe he knows better. Maybe he knows he can't just "shoot himself out of the slump" . Maybe it's a physical/ mental combination . He could definitely be a bit banged up . If any little thing is off maybe his shot suffers .

He will start . If he's getting merc'd then I'm sure we will respond with a quick sub . But his shooting is such a weapon that we should definitely start the game with him .

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Rockets set almost all of their screens out high, at or above the 3 point line, and then when Ryno sets the screen he spins to the 3 point line and when Capela sets the screen he rolls to the rim.

Midrange pick and pops from Ryno is one of the last things that I want to see.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Considering his midrange is money whenever he uses it, I do want to see that more. Same with a screen for a midrange for Ego.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

They should ask Ryno where he is most comfortable and run plays for him... But only 5 or 6 times per game.. lol

10. thekad

thekad Member

Eh, for one of the most prolific 3 point shooters ever, this has to be one of the worst "slumps" of all time. We should consider the possibility that he's just done.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's not usual for a shooter to be done shooting .... Especially at age 29? With no major obvious injuries . Most shooters shoot well their entire career ... It's the drop in athletisicm that finishes them and they can't hang on D anymore .

So yes it's a bad slump , mental aspects are probably involved .... Possibly something physical too .... But I don't think it's career over .

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Depends who we get in trades or buyout market....

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You people are nuts. If he had a decent stretch of 5-6 games he would be shooting at his exact career average.

Mathloom and deb4rockets like this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

To me this trade would get done and makes sense on both sides.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb8l452k

They need lockdown D from ariza + That scoring from outside
    They need 3pts and spacing from Anderson since Milsapp is injured.
    Could use a future pick for rebuilding around jok.

Houston could use some new blood at Pf, Animal could feed off Harden starting in the lineup, and rejuvnate his career.
    Chandler is good defensive player and wouldn't be that much of a drop off.

Of course taking anderson bloatid contract is neg, but the trade is going in there favor. Anderson knows all he has to do is probably brick some shots this next month, and something like this wont go down.. haha

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

How can he when Kevin Love will be starting for us. ;)

htownrocket87 and elmotsangtt like this.
  16. blackistan

blackistan Member

Hope dude gets traded somehow

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are strictly talking about a 3 pt shooting slump, then come on now, be fair here. His slump isn't near as bad as Gordon's. But, in other aspects of his game he needs to find other ways to score like Gordon does if he isn't hitting 3's.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It's how I feel about life.

SIL

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It would be hard for him to start if he's no longer on the team.

[​IMG]
    "So Long Gay Boys!"

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We aren't going to trade Trevor Ariza.

napalm06 likes this.