1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone else wish the Astros would "embrace the hate"?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by backwardhead, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You headhunt back. Dusty is old school. I bet if we get ****ed with enough he will snap back .

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the Astros attitude, but things would be easier had we beaten the Nationals.

Right now, it's only one title, which is looked upon as tainted.

More titles and/or more teams getting caught is the remedy.... I really want the former.

Pringles and backwardhead like this.
  4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I'm Colt45 and I approve this message.

5. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

If it makes you feel any better, there is absolutely zero chance that a 2019 title would have been looked upon as any less "tainted" by the masses. The hyper analysis of Altuve's home run against Chapman makes it very clear that the world is convinced we were still cheating in 2019.

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

With all the talk of retaliation and threats of throwing at Astros hitters, how about they make the full heel turn and take the initiative with the plunkings? Especially at home...oh, you threatened to throw at us? Well, you're up first...as soon as we've got 2 outs get ready to start hitting the dirt and protecting your ribs. I think I've found a role for the 26th man!

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

I'll take both options.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

They will no doubt. Just playing it cool until opening day vs Angels.

9. Carter Le Grand

I can't tell how many of these responses are tongue in cheek, but I don't think joining the old Oakland Raiders or the Bad Boys as bad natured pricks is the answer. It's gonna be hell when your guys go to certain AL parks, what with the number of sign toting hooligans out there.

Prolly best just to keep their heads down and play baseball. This too will pass. You know who I really feel sorry for? Beltran. His legacy is completely destroyed...as bad as Pete Rose.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wifey just ordered me one of these.

[​IMG]

JunkyardDwg and LUK3 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I kinda know what it feels like to be a Trump supporter now. You know your team did something objectively wrong and you still defend it constantly because you see the media pile on and feel personally offended.

Yes the inner fanatic in me wants the Astros to embrace the hate and win a WS this season to shut up the fake news media.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I know its the offseason and there's nothing to really do but honestly none of this matters until the season starts.

If the Astros keep being dominant then people will get past this in the same way people got past spygate because it was clear that even though the Patriots were cheaters, they were also legitimately amazing. The Astros just need to prove they are still amazing even without the trash cans and buzzers or whatever they're being said to have used. Now if they start sucking, well, then there's nothing for us fans to defend anyways.

13. LUK3

LUK3 Member

play imperial march in MMP

14. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My big hope is that the fans at Minute Maid bang trash cans every home game just like drumming I always hear at the A's home games. I think there will definitely be a psychological advantage with every trash bang.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I'm all for embracing the hate, I feel like Houston sports in general have embraced the hate for some time. My problem with the situation, as many have already stated, is other teams taking cheap shots at our team. I ran across this article the other day:

https://www.salisburypost.com/2020/02/18/braves-markakis-everyone-on-astros-deserves-a-beating/

The situation has the potential to get worse. If teams take cheap shots at the Astros, how do you determine between a bad pitch and a pot shot? How much do the Astros take before retaliating? What if a key member gets seriously hurt and the opposing team just looses a scrub player?

16. Buck Turgidson

I'm amused at the 48 ****tards who couldn't even spell "Astros" 5 years ago, who are now all in with the team or are all in with the scandal. You know who you are.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I definitely embrace it and so should the Astros.

I have a lot of east coast friends and I have basically told them all to **** off and die while the Astros win it all again

boomboom and punkoholic like this.
  18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I love it.

at first i thought it said “I hate us” and I was gonna curse at you lol

boomboom likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

I want this shirt.

boomboom likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Luis Severino has loose bodies in his elbow - Bone Chips - He is About to Blow Out his Arm Soon in which he needs Tommy John Surgery. That is Huge Loss for this year.

This Year I don't think he will have a Big Impact, being a Consistent #2 Pitcher for them. Most Likely he will be in and out a lot like last year.