1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney in talks to purchase 21st Century Fox

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Other than Marvel . . . . what other Properties would you be happy to see Disney get a crack at .. . that Fox now owns

Rocket River

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Other than Marvel, is there any reason to think Disney would improve on the franchises owned by Fox?

The Marvel opportunities just blow my mind. Other than that, the consolidation is kinda scary.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is what I am kind of feeling.
    I cannot think of anything Fox has that Disney would want to improve outside of Marvel properties

Rocket River

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marvel StudiosHeadlines
    OFFICIAL: The X-MEN & FANTASTIC FOUR Are Coming Home As Walt Disney Announces Acquisition Of 20th Century Fox
    [​IMG]
    The Walt Disney Company has formally announced that they have officially acquired 21st Century Fox's film and TV assets, meaning the X-Men and Fantastic Four are coming home! Come take a look!
    Rohan Patel | 12/14/2017
    Filed Under: "Marvel Studios"
    [​IMG]After years and years of clamoring, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are finally coming home to Marvel Studios, so let the celebration begin!

In an early morning announcement, The Walt Disney Company has officially announced that they have acquired 21st Century Fox's film and television studios, cable entertainment networks, and international TV businesses for $52.4 billion dollars. They've also confirmed that Bob Iger will remain as Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company through 2021.

As for the big additions to their illustrious portfolio, Disney's announcement specifically namedrops the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four franchises, meaning we should start to see Xavier's mutants and the Richards family make their way into Kevin Feige's Marvel Cinematic Universe sooner rather than later, barring any unforeseen setbacks. "The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love."

James Cameron's Avatar, The Simpsons, and Modern Family, amongst other things, will all also now join the House of Mouse's ever-expanding catalog.

Read the full press release at the link below:

[​IMG]Walt Disney Company

✔@WaltDisneyCo

The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock: http://bit.ly/2AGGe83

6:06 AM - Dec 14, 2017
    [​IMG]
    The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain...
    21st Century Fox to spin off Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network to …Read More

thewaltdisneycompany.com

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So what are the none comic book/cartoon ramifications?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

so... will there be reshoots of the civil war now and not kill everybody? that way we can see the current avengers team up with the xmen.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

No, but smart money has a teaser of either the X-Men or FF in the after-credits scene of Avengers 4 or maybe even Black Panther (the next Marvel Studios movie that's coming out)

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I, for one, look forward to the eventual Star Wars/Aliens/Predator/Avengers/Incredibles/Wall E crossover movie and The Runaways/Descendants tv cross over show.

Jontro likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I think we are thinking too small. It's not just mutants, guys.. I think Disney basically owns all live sports now. Disney owns everything.. CP3 knows Bob Iger by the way..

10. Cranberry_Juice

I thought fox was keeping fox sports?

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Since Disney now own 60% of Hulu, my hope is that they keep/put all of their content on Hulu and avoid making a separate, niche streaming service.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fox is keeping all sports.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Avatar is the part that surprises me. They already have Avatar rides at Disneyworld. I thought Disney already owned it. If not, why have the rides?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Disney gets the regional stuff.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is pretty key.

Every region that was previously Fox Sports regional (as well as the YES network) now goes under ESPN. That pretty much includes every major US City that has at least 2 teams. Most MLB, NBA and NHL teams operate under a RSN that Fox was a part of.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The primary goal here is streaming. The MCU being almost entirely under one roof is just a cool benefit.

Disney wants their own Netflix, not just deals with Netflix and a portion of Hulu (which is probably gonna vanish pretty soon). Fox has a crazy amount of TV content alongside their film properties. They own things like National Geographic (I had no idea). Between 30 for 30, Nat Geo, The Simpsons, the MCU etc, you could see how a Disney owned streaming service could look extremely compelling, before they even start signing deals with outside companies. Streaming is the future, traditional cable is going the way of the dinosaurs, Disney is trying to stake a claim now.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Before you know it we'll have just one media company!

Great...

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...at-its-financial-woes/?utm_term=.a3ca60cab9d7